Page 204 of 558 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254304 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 5571

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

Joel, Beautiful Ibis. And.....Work on those hummers, the season is almost over. Plus, I need all the tips you are willing to share.

Bob
    Bob

I planted my garden to attract these little fellows, so I hope you guys aren't getting bored with them.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/900x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4670.Lorikeet_5F00_1.jpg[/img]

With over 50 of these grevilleas of different colours and all coming into flower about now as we head towards spring, it is like a banquet for the birds at the moment.

Thanks for viewing.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Steve, I can only imagine seeing these guys in a zoo or a pet store---and that is never enough, keep posting

Bob
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U
    <span class="field-item-description"]
    <div id="ctl00_ctl00_content_content_ctl00_fragment_121 6_ctl01_ctl00_PostForm__QuoteText"]

I planted my garden to attract these little fellows, so I hope you guys aren't getting bored with them.
    </div>

Never! I would give anything to have these birds in my back yard along with these very interesting looking grevilleas!! I looked this up and wow, they sure do come in a variety of beautiful colors!

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span lang="EN-US" style="mso-ansi-language: EN-US;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]It is interesting that when you are surrounded by birds like the Rainbow Lorikeet, we just take them for granted. The two most common native birds I have in my backyard are the Rainbow Lorikeet and the Red Wattle Bird, yet I haven&rsquo;t taken any pictures of them for years.<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span lang="EN-US" style="mso-ansi-language: EN-US;"]<o><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]</o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span lang="EN-US" style="mso-ansi-language: EN-US;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]I too have been planting to attract birds, but for me I&rsquo;m after a Superb Fairy-wren. I know my chances are slim even though they are a few K away.<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span lang="EN-US" style="mso-ansi-language: EN-US;"]<o><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]</o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span lang="EN-US" style="mso-ansi-language: EN-US;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]Here is thebest picture (which is not very good) I have of a Superb taken some years ago with a 70-300 non-L<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span lang="EN-US" style="mso-ansi-language: EN-US;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"] <o></o>
    Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss

I envy those that have colorful birds in their backyards! Other than a yellow finch &amp; red cardinal, I mostly have these ...

Denise, really nice job on the sparrow...the pose, head angle, background, exposure and sharpness are great. I might have cropped it a little looser with slightly more room on the left but I think it's a quality image...good work[]

Thanks, Joel

<html />

I am not sure if it is my new computer, but I had a lot of problems uploading images today. But, above, while kayaking my wife opened a bag of potato chips and we were almost instantly mobbed by geese. I took a few pictures as evidence (and no, we didn