Page 234 of 557 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 5570

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Thanks Bob....so far so good....quite a bit more weight to hand hold than the 300 2.8 but I can do it for short periods. Seems to take even more shutter speed for very sharp images especially with the converter. I have not performed any AF microadjustments, doesn't seem to need it.

(PS Will prob. be making travel arrangements this week)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	343V9856.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	30  

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    Seems to take even more shutter speed for very sharp images especially with the converter. I have not performed any AF microadjustments, doesn't seem to need it.

(PS Will prob. be making travel arrangements this week)
    Yeah, It took some time for me to get used to it as well; even on a tripod, I try and keep it above 500, and usually 1000 if light permits.

Travel Arrangements=. I will be heading out there again the week of 21 Nov when the new section opens. I'll keep you posted.
    Bob

Wood Duck

I went to Louisville to visit my daughter over the weekend and managed to steal a couple of hours at a city park that had a small lake. The ducks were accustomed to people so they approached very close. Actually too close for the 500mm in many cases so I was making portrait shots! This is my first Wood Duck encounter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	343V0200.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	60  

BTW...I have been working on a trial website at Zenfolio and would love some feedback from forum members. It's a first for me and I am certainly no expert. Here is the link, thanks in advance for any help you can give.

http://joeleadephotography.zenfolio.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    BTW...I have been working on a trial website at Zenfolio and would love some feedback from forum members. It's a first for me and I am certainly no expert. Here is the link, thanks in advance for any help you can give.

http://joeleadephotography.zenfolio.com/
    Joel

Your photo's on zen do not look as crisp and as clean as your work we were seeing in the old forums. I went back to look at some of your old pics since we migrated and I guess they didn't make the move. I know there was some discussion about zenfolio using lower resolution pictures for reviews, but I do not rember what the outcome of the thread was. At least from my perspective, what I was seeing on Zen has a little less image quality than I was used to seeing in your pics. I know it is not your work, but somthing in either the posting or the way Zen is displaying it.

Don't take these as negative comments, I just don't think Zen is representing your work to its up most.

Rick

Well, I rarely have any bird shots worth posting, and this one is no exception. :P It's a shot that's been done a hundred times before, but it's the best I had from that day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5375.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	61
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

test picture

Finally logged in to the forum, just a test shot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1090.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	62

Hm, why the picture is so small?

Nice image JJ, I like when the image is this small, I Like viewing the larger image with the dark grey background.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    Joel

Your photo's on zen do not look as crisp and as clean as your work we were seeing in the old forums. I went back to look at some of your old pics since we migrated and I guess they didn't make the move. I know there was some discussion about zenfolio using lower resolution pictures for reviews, but I do not rember what the outcome of the thread was. At least from my perspective, what I was seeing on Zen has a little less image quality than I was used to seeing in your pics. I know it is not your work, but somthing in either the posting or the way Zen is displaying it.

Don't take these as negative comments, I just don't think Zen is representing your work to its up most.

Rick
    Thanks for looking Rick and I appreciate your perspective, all the files I uploaded were hi res TIFF files. It must be a display issue, it is only a trial right now, and I wonder if once you activate the account for real if it looks better?