Page 235 of 558 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 5572

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Nice image JJ, I like when the image is this small, I Like viewing the larger image with the dark grey background.
    thank you Steve, but what did you see in you computer?, I first saw a very small picture(like maybe 4x3) right after uploaded and right now it's just a link, and i also see all Joel's pictures are as attachments, how can i show picture as Bob's hawk picture?

Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto
    how can i show picture as Bob's hawk picture?
    You need to host your pictures on an external site such as flickr, then use that site to 'share' the picture on a bulletin board. This will give you the code that you need to paste into your message on this site.

In this example, flickr gave me the code to link to my image of a black-necked stilt, hosted here: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6145/...92b4f851_z.jpg

I just pasted the code into this message here:

1D Mark IV, EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM @ 400mm, f/8, 1/250s, ISO 160

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U
    I like viewing the larger image with the dark grey background.
    No problem, Steve. I modified the url by adding "/lightbox" at the end so that when you click the image, it opens the lightbox in flickr, with a dark grey background. Try it.

Edit: The credit for the lightbox tip belongs to Neuro.
    Last edited by Andy Stringer; 11-14-2011 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    Thanks for looking Rick and I appreciate your perspective, all the files I uploaded were hi res TIFF files. It must be a display issue, it is only a trial right now, and I wonder if once you activate the account for real if it looks better?
    Joel

I found this old thread, Richard Lane was looking in to Zenfolio
    http://community.the-digital-picture...light=zenfolio

Here is a quote from one part of the thread:

"@Rick, I found out that Zenfolio downsizes their viewing images to 1550 x 960 as the max, you could even downsize this quality further. They claim that is done to protect the photographers images, and load the images faster, but now I'll have to explain to people that the images will look better when downloaded or printed. I'm not sure if that feature could be turned off."

This might explain what I am seeing, but maybe some others can give us some insight on Zenfolio.
    If you are trying to sell your work Joel, I think for these types of pictures they need to be the highest quality. If Zenfolio is really worried about people stealing the work maybe it should have a watermark. People aren't picking these type of shots for portraits of family, they would be printing for art on the wall.

Good Luck
    Rick

test picture

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img2002y.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	63

Thanks Andy, but where do you paste the code?

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    "@Rick, I found out that Zenfolio downsizes their viewing images to 1550 x 960 as the max, you could even downsize this quality further. They claim that is done to protect the photographers images, and load the images faster, but now I'll have to explain to people that the images will look better when downloaded or printed. I'm not sure if that feature could be turned off."

This might explain what I am seeing, but maybe some others can give us some insight on Zenfolio. Rick
    At Joel, HD, I'm not sure what the question is here, but let me put my 2cw in anyway. The photos I have posted from Zenfolio have always looked as they should on the forum (good, bad or in between). Zenfolio does limit the "share size" of the images as you mentioned, but this has never been a problem since I normally post 800 wide or now 650 wide on the new forum.

As far as the images looking different between viewing on line and the printed product, I have never noticed a real difference. If anything, the prints look better IMHO---but prints always look better to me than the online or monitor version--I guess that is what you are saying, but I am not sure you need to tell potential customers that---let them be pleasantly surprised.

Anyway, I have been very happy with Zenfolio and the ability to upload from them to the forums.

As far as turning of the feature, I don't think you can, but... you can further limit it to smaller resolutions.

Hope this helps,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto
    Thanks Andy, but where do you paste the code?
    You paste the code where you want your photo to appear in the message. The code is just the image address that you posted above with image 'tags' around it, like this:
    [img]your_image_address_here[/img]

Flickr creates this code automatically, along with some other code to hyperlink to the photographer's flickr site when the image is clicked, but I'm not sure about Imageshack.

It should look like this:

See also this FAQ information on adding images:
    http://community.the-digital-picture...b3_attachments
    Last edited by Andy Stringer; 11-15-2011 at 12:02 AM.

Andy, this is what I did for uploading this image
    1, click "image" icon,
    2, click"from URL"
    3, paste the code,
    4, click"OK"
    5, click "Submit Reply"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img2002y.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	67
    what was wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    Wow Denise! Is that a Whooping crane? The pose and reflection are killer.
    Sorry it took so long to reply, Joel! I haven't spent much time here since the switch. Yes, that is a whooping crane and thank you very much for the compliment on the photo!