Page 254 of 558 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 5571

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Great shot that last one Bob.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    I just can't resist---The question is "Where's Waldo" (Joel). Hint: He is NOT the short one with pink snow boots.
    I was looking for the big Canon lens. The obvious is of course right up front on the right side, but that would be too easy and everyone else guessed it. There does look to be another big Canon Lens in the back ground but I am not sure if it is a Canon lens.

So the only way I can be right and everyone else be wrong is I am going to go with one of the guys with the big Nikon's. Joel, I didn't know you switched to Nikon.

Bob: is it typically this crowded at this place? I would have expected far fewer big lenses. Is it a place where you have to stay on designated trails or can you hike any where you want?

You see the flock of birds in the distance, above the camo lens on the right? There are two birds that are higher up than the rest. The one on the right, I call it Joel.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    I was looking for the big Canon lens. The obvious is of course right up front on the right side, but that would be too easy and everyone else guessed it. There does look to be another big Canon Lens in the back ground but I am not sure if it is a Canon lens.

So the only way I can be right and everyone else be wrong is I am going to go with one of the guys with the big Nikon's. Joel, I didn't know you switched to Nikon.

Bob: is it typically this crowded at this place? I would have expected far fewer big lenses. Is it a place where you have to stay on designated trails or can you hike any where you want?
    Sometimes the obvious answer is right, sometimes not......

This pond, on the way into the refuge, holds many roosting birds so everyone gathers there at dawn for the blast off. Once the birds leave to feed in the grain fields everyone sort of spreads out along the 12 mile loop in the refuge so it is not really crowded.

Where you can go is pretty tightly controlled but there are many opportunities for good photo locations. You can stop and get out of your vehicle anywhere, there are designated walking trails and several observation decks. The fields themselves are off limits, besides they are all separated from the road by a deep, water filled ditch!

It's an amazing place to see, I would love to go back....I have recommended that Bob start a limited guide service

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    It's an amazing place to see, I would love to go back....I have recommended that Bob start a limited guide service
    I'm in!!

This is a link to a video I put on Facebook showing a sample of what you would see at Bosque. It is rough and un-edited but you will get the idea.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....76612329068521

Amazing footage!! Bob, you most definitely live in a bird lovers paradise and the background scenery is so beautiful!!

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar
    Not as good as the recent submissions on this thread but here it is anyway.

Snowy egret

Quote Originally Posted by nvitalephotography View Post
    Not as good as the recent submissions on this thread but here it is anyway.

Snowy egret
    Nick, Your egret is stunning and very unique look for a bird photo--this almost looks like it was shot in a studio. I would love to see your shooting parameters and lighting methods---This really is a good shot.
    Bob

Originally Posted by Joel Eade

I'm in!!
    Yes he did and I am considering it. Of Course, all of my TDP friends would get a significant discount.
    Bob