Page 258 of 557 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 5570

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Caught this guy near a bird feeder at work....
    Nice pose on this Tufted Titmouse...they are challenging due to continuous fast moves. Nice capture.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    Joel; if this is the same bird you posted earlier, it does not look better, at least on my end. I thought your first post of this bird was very sharp.
    Thanks...I think the first one was better too...still not sure what is going on in the process of linking to my .tiff images at Zenfolio.

I took this just about an hour ago in the back yard, I sharpened more than usual prior to uploading to Zenfolio to see if it would help.

Today it feels like the first day of spring in SE Wisconsin! So, I thought I'd get out of the house and go down by the lake for some duck shots. Just when I got there, I saw a few walking on the grass and sidewalk. I bent down took a couple shots, then a lady walked up from behind me and to right in front of me and scared them all away In a split second, I went from having a duck in my viewfinder to a macro shot of her pant leg! Gotta love people like that!

IMG_4722 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Today it feels like the first day of spring in SE Wisconsin! So, I thought I'd get out of the house and go down by the lake for some duck shots. Just when I got there, I saw a few walking on the grass and sidewalk. I bent down took a couple shots, then a lady walked up from behind me and to right in front of me and scared them all away In a split second, I went from having a duck in my viewfinder to a macro shot of her pant leg! Gotta love people like that!

IMG_4722 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr
    Beautiful Mallard, love the light on this one, really shows off the green iridescence of the head...nice shot, too bad about the rude / ignorant person who spoiled it for you.

My wife has a favorite saying "You can't figure out crazy!"

As you said ... you gotta love it.

Thanks, Joel! You must have loaded your cardinal at the same time as I loaded my pic! It sure looks sharp to me and I love the angle! Then again, I haven't seen you post a "soft" photo yet! The cardinals that have been visiting my yard as of late are extremely skiddish. It's been quite challenging to get a shot!

Bob and Joel, beautiful photos! Bob, why haven't we seen more landscapes from you? That scenery is simply amazing I think I'd personally wouldn't even mind the birds with such an environment

This is a female House Finch (I think) from my backyard this afternoon. It's unusually warm in south central Kentucky....around 65 F today.

This was taken with Canon 1D MKIV, 500mm f/4L + 1.4 TCII on a tripod with Wimberly gimbal head using 580 EXII and Better Beamer at 1/64 power.

Another image from the Bosque Del Apache trip with Bob Williams

1DMKIV
    500mm
    ISO 3200
    f/4
    1/320

It was just after dawn, I thought this crane was merely roosting on one leg but when it flew off it was apparent that it actually only had one leg!

Wow Joel. That is another beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Wow Joel. That is another beauty.
    Thanks....I still have a load of RAW images to sort....this is a Northern Pintail Drake from one of the ponds inside the Bosque