Page 275 of 557 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325375 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 5570

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Well, I just posted my first blog post on h-bird photography. This post was all about ghosting in your images and hopefully some ideas on how to prevent it. Take a look and tell me what you think and please feel free to leave comments on the blog.

http://rwilliamsimaging.com/blog

Bob
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    Well, I just posted my first blog post on h-bird photography. This post was all about ghosting in your images and hopefully some ideas on how to prevent it. Take a look and tell me what you think and please feel free to leave comments on the blog.

http://rwilliamsimaging.com/blog

Bob
    I reade your post and like it very much. It is clear and well written with excellent supporting illustrations. I tried to leave a comment but I couldn't figure out how to become registered?

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    I reade your post and like it very much. It is clear and well written with excellent supporting illustrations. I tried to leave a comment but I couldn't figure out how to become registered?
    Joel, There is a little tiny "Login" hot link at the bottom. But I changed the parameters so you don't have to be registered to comment. The "Leave Comment" link is just under the title of the first post.

Thanks.

Also, For those that have read the blog, I have three questions:

1. Do you know what ghosting is?
    2. Do you know what causes ghosting?
    3. Did you get some ideas on how to prevent ghosting?

If a reader can answer those 3 questions, then I am happy with the material. If not, let me know where I am weak and I will gladly correct it.

Thanks again.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    Also, For those that have read the blog, I have three questions:

1. Do you know what ghosting is?
    2. Do you know what causes ghosting?
    3. Did you get some ideas on how to prevent ghosting?

If a reader can answer those 3 questions, then I am happy with the material. If not, let me know where I am weak and I will gladly correct it.

Thanks again.
    I thought it was clear and well illustrated on all three points.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

I found your post interesting and helpful. I'm actually going to take a few of your setup tips for my back yard and give it a try this year. We have a local audobon as well that has a great setup for HB's.
    --

Wood Duck Drake

1D MKIV
    500mm
    Hand held
    ISO 800
    f/6.3
    1/800

Downy Woodpecker from this afternoon. It took quite a while to coax him onto this horizontal perch.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    Downy Woodpecker from this afternoon. It took quite a while to coax him onto this horizontal perch.
    Great job Joel. Your background separation on bird pictures is as good as I've seen. You should try to find a way to sell your bird pictures... if there is a way.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Throgmartin View Post
    Great job Joel. Your background separation on bird pictures is as good as I've seen. You should try to find a way to sell your bird pictures... if there is a way.

Dave
    Thanks Dave, I do have a Zenfolio site with images for sale...not much activity yet but I remain optimistic. I appreciate the kind words.

I haven't posted much in this thread lately but today I think I took a few that are good.

Last week, I was shoveling snow and today it was 80 degrees out! Beautiful day to get out on the trails at the nature preserve!!

Here is one shot from today ...more to come soon!

IMG_2881 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr