Page 301 of 558 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351401 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 5571

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

As some of you know, I have started a blog about Hummingbird Photography. Unfortunately, after writing a tutorial and two articles, I am starting to run out of ideas, So I thought this would be a good time to field some questions on the subject. I have copied several good questions from the Bird and Hummer threads but still need a few more to complete the article. So I am asking any of you interested to help me out with some more questions regarding the subject of Hummingbird photography. You can either ask those questions here, or go directly to the site and ask them there in the Comments section. Also, if you have tips or other comments, those are welcome as well.

Thanks for any assistance,

Bob

P.S.

I previously posted this as a thread of its own, but didn't get any takers---I'm hoping the birders in the group can help.

Also, Thanks Pat Conroy for the questions used so far---Those were really good.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    As some of you know, I have started a blog about Hummingbird Photography. Unfortunately, after writing a tutorial and two articles, I am starting to run out of ideas, So I thought this would be a good time to field some questions on the subject. I have copied several good questions from the Bird and Hummer threads but still need a few more to complete the article. So I am asking any of you interested to help me out with some more questions regarding the subject of Hummingbird photography. You can either ask those questions here, or go directly to the site and ask them there in the Comments section. Also, if you have tips or other comments, those are welcome as well.

Thanks for any assistance,

Bob

P.S.

I previously posted this as a thread of its own, but didn't get any takers---I'm hoping the birders in the group can help.

Also, Thanks Pat Conroy for the questions used so far---Those were really good.
    Bob,

I'd guess a large portion of the states hasn't really hit hummingbird photo season yet. I'm interested in taking some, but the birds haven't visited the feeder yet. I'm sure I'll run into some type of trouble, but haven't been able to find out that problems I'll have yet!

Dave

Bob,

I'd guess a large portion of the states hasn't really hit hummingbird photo season yet. I'm interested in taking some, but the birds haven't visited the feeder yet. I'm sure I'll run into some type of trouble, but haven't been able to find out that problems I'll have yet!

Dave
    Dave, Good point. SOmetimes the obvious eludes me
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    Dave, Good point. SOmetimes the obvious eludes me
    Dave is correct. I am still scraping my car windows every morning, and we haven't even had the lilacs in full bloom yet.

Pat
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Preening Great Egret

1D MKIV
    500mm f/4L IS USM
    Hand held from boat
    ISO 800
    f/8
    1/3200

Joel, nice GBH and egret shots. you used fast shutter speed does make the image sharp. most of the time for me, 1/1600 shutter speed or slower can't lead very sharp image if hand held or shoot BIF.

Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto View Post
    Joel, nice GBH and egret shots. you used fast shutter speed does make the image sharp. most of the time for me, 1/1600 shutter speed or slower can't lead very sharp image if hand held or shoot BIF.
    Thanks JJphoto....yes a fast shutter is important for sharpness, especially bouncing around in a boat!

Preening Great Egret
    Joel, Stunning
    Bob

What a beauty Joel, love the detail in the white.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Thanks Bob and Steve!