Page 318 of 557 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368418 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 5570

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    These are beautiful birds and they don't appear too afraid of you. We only have Bobwhite Quail here in Ky.and no way you get this close. Well done!
    Thanks Joel. I was pretty happy. The rest of the quail took off. But this one actually walked toward us. He got about 10-15 ft away and finally flew. Probably something to do with living in a National Seashore. I assume there is no hunting.

Bob,

I have tried to comment on your Phoebe image but for some reason I keep getting an error message so I will post without a quote.

The bird is on the borderline of being too sharp. I like your BG work but you need to clean up the area between the feet and the little speck of green foilage by the head.

Overall you did well with PP. Looks like it's time for you to give up LR
    Thanks Joel, Yeah, I noticed both of those areas after I posted. This was the first time I really played with any of this---More of an experiment than anything else----And this part of the work was all done in Photoshop CS5-----Give up LR, Never, Never, Never. Everytime I use photoshop, It reminds me why I should stick with LR.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    Bob it does look a tad, but did you make the background gray from a green one? The only reason I asked is you can see some bleeding from the green into the feathers of the bird in a couple spots. If your using CS5, refine the edge about 15 points then decomntaminate the layer (this takes away color bleed from green screens). I think you'd be good.
    Yes, it was desaturated from a green background---Thanks for the tips on refine edge, I did play with it but I am not sure I went far enough.

Thanks again,

Bob
    Bob

Could someone please ID this bird for me? I saw him down by Lake Michigan today and at first I thought it was a male kingfisher but his beak isn't really long enough to be that I don't think ...

IMG_4381 by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

IMG_4396 by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

IMG_4374 by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

IMG_4339 by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Could someone please ID this bird for me? I saw him down by Lake Michigan today and at first I thought it was a male kingfisher but his beak isn't really long enough to be that I don't think ...

IMG_4381 by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

IMG_4396 by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

IMG_4374 by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

IMG_4339 by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr
    Denise, I think it may be an Eastern Phoebe.....very very nice images BTW, great light, good eye contact with the bird and beautiful sharpness

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Could someone please ID this bird for me?
    It's actually an Eastern Kingbird. They'll often let you get kind of close. Great shots!

Yep, it is an Eastern Kingbird! First I had ever seen and there were a few down by Lake Michigan yesterday & they did let me get fairly close! Thanks for the identification!

Sorry about the mistaken ID

I am visiting my daughter this weekend in Tampa, Florida. We are getting ready for the arrival of our first grand child in July

I couldn't resist bringing my camera and I got this Great Egret by the roadside at a public park

Sorry about the mistaken ID
    No worries at all Joel! I live about 40 miles north of Denise and have a home field bird ID advantage.

Congrats on the upcoming grandchild!

Most definitely no problem Joel ...it was all educating for me to look up and note the differences in the two birds! Lovely shot of the Great Egret and congrats on the soon-to-be grandpa news!!