Page 322 of 558 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372422 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 5571

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Both are great, but love the last shot JJ

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    It is blue sky altered with Nik Color Efex pro, I was going for a surreal look trying to make the sky and water melt together.
    interesting. It reminds me of something you would see out of an airplane window.

JJphoto:
    Those are all so cool, but that last one is very unique. You must have been close...

Joel:
    I have never seen blue eyes like that before.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

thanks Brant and conropl for the complimant
    Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    JJphoto:
    Those are all so cool, but that last one is very unique. You must have been close..
    those birds are wild but were not afraid of people at all!, with the 500mm lens often it's too long, everybody with a 200mm lens can take decent shots! wish I can move to Florida

Visited my daughter and son-in-law yesterday in Louisville. While the ladies went shopping son-in-law and I went around Louisville and the surrounding area looking for bird opportunities. He is a wedding photographer so he knows the area quite well. The weather didn't cooperate perfectly but we we able to make some nice images between rain showers.

This image of a Black Crowned Night Heron was made at The Falls of the Ohio State Park. The poor light and moving water was causing the AF to struggle so I used manual focus on this one.

1D MKIV
    500mm + 2XTC III
    Tripod
    ISO 400
    f/8
    1/400

Even with the difficulties, Thats a nice pic of the Night Heron.

Went to the BdA today and Managed to catch one of a very Rare bird in NM--Even in the BdA:

Yellow Crowned Night Heron:

And a Couple More:

Gambel's Quail:

And a Cormarant:

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    Even with the difficulties, Thats a nice pic of the Night Heron.

Went to the BdA today and Managed to catch one of a very Rare bird in NM--Even in the BdA:
    Really cool shots ... love the Quail especially. How are things shaping up at the Bosque this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    Really cool shots ... love the Quail especially. How are things shaping up at the Bosque this year?
    Thanks Joel, Things at the Bosque seem to be going pretty well. I usually don't go out there in the summer, but looks like there is just as much to shoot in the summer as the fall, you just have to look a little harder. The only dissapointment was that we did not see a single raptor, not even an RTH which is native around here. But there were several inahabitants that we have not seen; like the Yellow Crowned Night Heron and the Quail. The deer also seemed to be much more tolerant of people. So, all-in-all, a pretty productive trip.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    Thanks Joel, Things at the Bosque seem to be going pretty well. I usually don't go out there in the summer, but looks like there is just as much to shoot in the summer as the fall, you just have to look a little harder. The only dissapointment was that we did not see a single raptor, not even an RTH which is native around here. But there were several inahabitants that we have not seen; like the Yellow Crowned Night Heron and the Quail. The deer also seemed to be much more tolerant of people. So, all-in-all, a pretty productive trip.
    The spring/summer colors look beautiful....too bad about the lack of raptors....maybe you can get that Harris' Hawk this winter

You didn't, by chance, have lunch at the Buckhorn did you?

@Joel, this 2XTC III does seem work very well, did u crop this shot? u make me thinking get one!
    @ Bod, nice set Bob, like the second one the most, this bird looks very pretty.