Page 331 of 557 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341381431 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 5570

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

I like this one Joel, Very nice.
    Bob

Wonderful shots Joel and Bob!

I don't know where the male hb went that I was seeing in early spring but now I have a female that frequents my feeders about every 1/2 hour from sunrise to sunset!

Ruby-throated hummingbird by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr
    Last edited by ddt0725; 07-28-2012 at 02:17 AM.

DD, Love the texture work with this and am thinking I may need to try some of this just to add variety to my shots----Still hoping for a tutorial. I did have some luck this AM, Saw my first Calliope---whoopee, I now have at least 4 and maybe 5 different varieties of birds hitting my feeders: Calliope, Rufous, Blackchin, Broad tailed and maybe Annas-----Would still love to see a RTH, but no luck yet.

Here is my Calliope I got this AM.

Bob

Beautiful shot, Bob! There was an article in my newspaper a few days ago that different varieties will be moving through here soon heading south so I put out a few more feeders. Right now I am only getting a female ruby-throated. I have to use textures for most of mine since my feeders are hanging from my garage. I took down my other bird feeders (too many other critters for my liking) and will move my hb feeders there in the spring. I don't want to disrupt things now!

I thought I posted a tutorial on using textures somewhere around here. I will put another together soon but it is still so much trial and error for me ...most of the time error.

Thanks Denise for the compliments and info. If the "other critters" you spoke about happen to be Bees, I found a feeder that does a great job of keeping them away---the birds can reach the nectar but the bees can't. It also has an ant trap in the middle that you fill with water and a drop or two of dishwashing liquid. here is a picture of the type and I think I bought mine at Lowes.

I also added some more H-bird shots this AM.

Bob

Thanks Bob! I am having a major bee problem which is worrying me because of the dogs ...my cocker likes to try and catch them! The critters that I was referring to though that are attracted to my bird seed are mice ...lots of mice! So, the bird seed and bird feeders (other than the hb ones) have been taken down. I took some hb shots again this morning & still have to go through them. Still no male though

All right DD, Nice frame work and Bird--I love the artistic touch
    Bob

Thanks, Bob! The frame is from the OnOne Photo Frame plug-in.

Brown Pelican, Tampa Florida

1D MKIV
    500mm
    f/8
    ISO 400
    1/2000