Page 353 of 558 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353354355363403453 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 5571

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post

I do have a question for one of you PS guru's. When you open a smart object in PS, how do you unlink the image from the original?

Bob
    Man, I do not know, I am not smart enough to use smart objects

Don't you just save that image with a different name once you bring it up? Been so long. If no one has answered by the time I get back home,I'll open a file and pay attention to what key I hit. It's usually best I stay out of their way. My hands know more than my brain does on most days
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Tufted Titmouse
    1D MKIV
    500mm
    f/4
    ISO 1000
    1/500

Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke View Post
    Yep, pretty much what I had already discovered. Basically some type of file save does the trick, I was just hoping there was a magic button that would do the same. Maybe in CS7.

Thanks,

Bob
    Bob

Joel, Beautiful titmouse shot, But that dark bar on the right is a tad distracting. I am trying to figure out how to fix in PS, But I haven't a clue. Any strategies you would like t share?

Bob
    Bob

Joel, Beautiful titmouse shot, But that dark bar on the right is a tad distracting. I am trying to figure out how to fix in PS, But I haven't a clue. Any strategies you would like t share?

Bob
    Thanks Bob, that is an out-of-focus tree trunk. It can be fixed a variety of ways. One relatively simple way would be to use the clone stamp tool to sample a lighter area of the BG then reduce the opacity (maybe around 10%) and gently "paint" over the dark area so as to blend it in with lighter area. You could also try using the "dodge" tool with a low opacity to gently lighten that area.

Bob
    I hope you don't mind, Joel but I thought I would give it a try. I deleted the file from my computer when I was done. Granted, it would work better if done on the original RAW file and taking more than a minute to perfect but I thought I would still give it a shot. I also had to decrease the size significantly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p1193599592-5_1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	132.7 KB 
ID:	1477

Now that I uploaded it, I can see I didn't do so well but basically the easiest way would be to use the quick selection tool (inversed) before attempting to clone out the dark area so you don't accidently lose the thin dark border that you want to keep. Decreasing the opacity of the clone tool and using maybe screen mode would work well. Where I messed up was that I used the blur tool to slightly blend the shades better so they appear more evenly like the left side of the bird. Using the Gaussian Blur works much better at around 2.5 or less pixels.

Yep, that works too. Looks pretty good for a quick fix