Page 358 of 537 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368408458 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 5363

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

  1. #3571

  2. #3572
    Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    322
    nice shot Denise, was that bird darker than normal or did you just boost your blacks a lot?

  3. #3573
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA, USA
    Posts
    694
    Some from a weekend in Monterey

    I have seen the Blue Angels, but I like this better:

    101 _MG_7027 by ahab1372, on Flickr

    You are not getting this starfish:

    101 _MG_7035 by ahab1372, on Flickr



    101 _MG_7038 by ahab1372, on Flickr

    Watch your background - how about Seals for a background?

    101 _MG_7126 by ahab1372, on Flickr

    Thanks,
    Arnt

  4. #3574
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    3,037
    Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Wow, incredibly sharp! Well done

  5. #3575
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    3,037
    Quote Originally Posted by ahab1372 View Post
    Some from a weekend in Monterey

    I have seen the Blue Angels, but I like this better:

    101 _MG_7027 by ahab1372, on Flickr

    You are not getting this starfish:

    101 _MG_7035 by ahab1372, on Flickr



    101 _MG_7038 by ahab1372, on Flickr

    Watch your background - how about Seals for a background?

    101 _MG_7126 by ahab1372, on Flickr

    Thanks,
    Nice shots....I like the Pelicans flying in formation

  6. #3576
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA, USA
    Posts
    694
    Thanks Joel,
    There was a fleet of them. There is another picture on Flickr right next to this one with even more.
    Arnt

  7. #3577
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kenosha, WI
    Posts
    3,863
    Quote Originally Posted by nvitalephotography View Post
    nice shot Denise, was that bird darker than normal or did you just boost your blacks a lot?
    I really didn't do much in post, that is the color it really was. I don't think I have seen any that were more of a lighter color. Maybe it is an immature male? Could someone help me out here ...have I been mistaking the females from the immature males all this time?
    Last edited by ddt0725; 11-14-2012 at 04:46 AM.

  8. #3578
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    3,037
    Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    ...have I been mistaking the females from the immature males all this time?
    Let's hope not ..... only kidding.....it looks like a female to me.

  9. #3579
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    3,037
    Mallard Drake
    1DMKIV
    500mm
    f/5.0
    ISO 800
    1/2500


  10. #3580
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    3,037
    Young Wood Duck
    1D4
    500mm
    ISO 800
    f/4
    1/2000


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •