Page 36 of 558 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136536 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

Thanks Nate, Good stuff here.
    Bob

Hi John:

Beautiful picture! Looks nothing like the house sparrows we have in NH. Not even close. The House Sparrow we have here is shades of brown on the back, black face grayish white on breast. It has no blue, orange/red on it at all. So if that is a house sparrow Passer Dometicus that has a lot of color saturation...........

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"]</input><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden" />
    <div id="refHTML"]</div>

Hi Nate:

Your photos you have posted here are VERY IMPRESSIVE, to me anyway. Outstanding quality. Where are you located?

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"]</input><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden" />
    <div id="refHTML"]</div>

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.22.26/der.jpg[/img]

Canon 7D + 500f/4L IS, f/4, 1/1250, ISO 250, manual exposure and handheld

Comment, critique and question are all welcome

Nate,

Larger Version here http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=10846822&amp;size=lg

another nice picture! I wish i can handhold the 500mm lens and still get sharp image like this. and the larger version looks even better.

Nate, I have some question for the composition: is the location of this bird too centered? seems like there is a little too much space on the right side?

Very awesome, Nate.

I love hummingbird pictures... and I love them even more with natural flowers instead of feeders.

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinh Nhut Nguyen
    and handheld

Getting your workout at the same time is also nice.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

Quote Originally Posted by Iguide
    So if that is a house sparrow Passer Dometicus that has a lot of color saturation

It was taken in broad daylight and was only using ISO 100, when it is that bright the light penetrates the feathers and reveals more color. I didn't do THAT much saturation increase, about 30%. It is indeed a Passer Dometicus House Sparrow.

John.

Hi John:

Not trying to get in an argument here, but, I am a professional outdoor guide. One of the many different things that I do is lead bird trips for watchers. I have seen house sparrows, White throated sparrows, thrushes and many different birds when the the sun is high. The only birds that change color like what you are telling me happened to the house sparrow in this thread, are birds that have incandescent feathers like the turkey and a male mallard ducks, head. Never in the fifty years I have been working in the outdoors have I ever seen a bird change colors like what you are telling me that sparrows changed. So I am a bit confused on the color of the bird since you did not saturate the color very much. Please understand that I believe what you have said and having never seen the phenomenon personally in my fifty years of working in the out of doors I'm just trying to figure out why the camera captured that bird that way.

Perhaps it was be something in the camera to make the bird appear like that. It certainly does not appear that way in real life when you are looking at it with the human eye. Or maybe that one bird has some genetic morph tendencies that would make it show up that way.

Wayne

<div id="refHTML"]</div>

Here's another sparrow, I think this is a Song Sparrow but they can be tricky to identify.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.28/_5F00_MG_5F00_6912.jpg[/img]