Page 364 of 558 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414464 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 5572

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

The lens is awesome. And the 6D allows very large crops. Much more so than the 7D, I think.
    Mark - Flickr

All my dogsled shots were 70-300L as well. It's fantastic, easily recommended unless you need the f/2.8.

Joel,

I have a bird book for my local area called "Birds of Illinois Field Guide" by Stan Tekiela. It is a great resource for me to identify birds. Mr. Tekiela is also a nature photographer and does a great job, but even a lot of his pictures fall a fair deal short of yours. I don't know how lucrative the bird book business is, but your images would certainly appear to quality.

This is the link for his book: http://www.amazon.com/Birds-Illinois.../dp/1885061749

Dave

Post your best bird shots!

A first for me. Tricolored Heron. 7D and EF 70-300L.

Last edited by thekingb; 12-30-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrw View Post
    Well it certainly wasn't a landscape day. White ground, grey skies.... still felt a need to escape to the outdoors with a camera hoping to find something. Saw some birds flitting around and gave it a go. Now I can see that I'll be making a trip to the bookstore so I can start figuring out what they all are!

Attachment 1615

Attachment 1616

Attachment 1617
    Nice snowy pics! The first is a nuthatch. Second is a black capped chickadee with a nuthatch coming in for a landing. The third is a waxwing.

thekingb may agree with me, but when I saw the request and could identify the birds I thought... man, I spend too much time taking pictures of birds at a feeder! LOL!

Nice pics by the way.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Throgmartin View Post
    thekingb may agree with me, but when I saw the request and could identify the birds I thought... man, I spend too much time taking pictures of birds at a feeder! LOL!
    So true! My iBird Midwest iPhone app and I have logged some serious time together.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Throgmartin View Post
    Joel,

I have a bird book for my local area called "Birds of Illinois Field Guide" by Stan Tekiela. It is a great resource for me to identify birds. Mr. Tekiela is also a photographer and does a great job, but even a lot of his pictures fall a fair deal short of yours. I don't know how lucrative the bird book business is, but your images would certainly appear to quality.

This is the link for his book: http://www.amazon.com/Birds-Illinois.../dp/1885061749

Dave
    Thanks for the kind words Dave. I know nothing about the book business either but I think it would be fun to create one

European starlings recently returned to our bird feeder and here are a couple poses. Both are at 250mm and f/8.

First, looking to the side.

2012_12_30_2053_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

Second, looking right at me.

2012_12_30_2052_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by thekingb View Post
    A first for me. Tricolored Heron. 7D and EF 70-300L.

I like it, I hope I'll see one when I go to Florida. I'm getting very used to the white egrets around here.
    Now if these birds could just choose their background a bit better sometimes ...
    Arnt