Page 37 of 558 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137537 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

-

Quote Originally Posted by Iguide
    Not trying to get in an argument here,

Oops, I didn't mean for you to take it that way! I have no hard feelling whatsoever.

The camera was set to max saturation if that helps. I took a better look at it and the blue is the slightly cool white-balance. I guess what I was trying to say that the feathers were morevibrant and penetrated lookingin bright sunlight, not incandescent. Sorry about the confusion.

Here is a de-saturated version.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.86/untitled.JPG[/img]

Here is another House Sparrow picture for referance.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.86/0112-edited-reduced.JPG[/img]

Again a little to saturated.

Please, I invite critique. So don't be afraid to bash me over the head with a 2x4!

No wories,

John.

-

I really like the composition and the way they're flying in formation. If you get another chance try using a flash or maybe higher isoto illuminate the under side of the wings. Was this a big crop? It's a little noisy and it doesn't have the detail I would expect from the 7D.

It's good shot to make a painting or drawing type effect because the composition is strong.

Joel

Here's another version.....hope youdon't mind.......I adjusted levels, saturation, sharpened and applied a rough pastels filter

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.28/IMG_5F00_5369_5F00_jpg_2D00_800x600.jpg[/img]

American Robin taken in my yard with 40D, 300mm 2.8L + 1.4 TC

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.28/_5F00_MG_5F00_7757.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by bburns223

OK, tried some more time with those Pelicans today

7D, 300 f/4L, f6.3, 1/2000, ISO 500.

The birds are really dark, especiallythe one on the right...another overcast day? Maybe flash would help? So how are you liking Florida? Seeing lots of other variety of birds or just pelicans?

Denise

Good points Joel. It is a slight crop, but not much. The problem is that after I resize and sharpen my photos just lose their pop and sharpness. I'll see if I can fix it.

Denise, actually it was a pretty nice day (blue sky, no clouds!). But it was late afternoon and what you're seeing are some just nasty shadows from a building. The Pelicans have almost metallic silver wings, they are a bit too dark in my image. Type "brown pelican" on flickr and you'll get an idea of what they look like in ideal lighting conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    So how are you liking Florida? Seeing lots of other variety of birds or just pelicans?

Well, It's great! I still have 6 more days here; and I am seeing tons more than pelicans. I'll post a few more a bit later. Still trying not to hijack this thread. Which I started [*-)]

brendan

Don't have many bird pics, but this guy was around this morning, so I shot him! (got him in a tree too)

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.27.05/Buzzard_2D00_s.jpg[/img]

JeffersonPoster

-