Page 411 of 542 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411412413421461511 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,110 of 5420

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

  1. #4101
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sainte Angele De Monnoir, Quebec
    Posts
    478
    nice ! that looks like it would be real easy to under expose.
    Stuart Edwards
    1DX Mark II , 6D , Samyang 14mm f2.8 ,Sigma 85mm f1.4A , 24-105mm f/4L IS , 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II ,100-400 f5.6L II , 300mm f/2.8L II , EF 1.4x III , EF 2x III, 430EX II

  2. #4102
    Senior Member conropl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    1,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    Snowy Owls....awesome bird. I really like the first shot best Pat. The only problem I see with the image is a blue color cast, otherwise it is wonderful.

    That species is right at the top of my wish list along with Bald Eagles, I'm jealous!
    Thanks Joel. I was having a bit of trouble getting the WB correct in post. I ended up using the eye dropper on the forehead to set the white balance. Looks like I need to work on it some more.

    Quote Originally Posted by sedwards View Post
    nice ! that looks like it would be real easy to under expose.
    Thank you Stuart. In Av mode I ended up using a + 1 1/3 exposure compensation. There was room to go up another 1/3.

    Pat
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

  3. #4103
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Central Illinois
    Posts
    850
    Awesome shots. The eyes look electric. Amazing.
    Mark - Flickr
    ************************

  4. #4104
    Senior Member Jayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    1,692
    Pat, a great shot! I'm with Joel, those birds are on my wish list. I like the first one best also.

  5. #4105
    Senior Member dsiegel5151's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    Snowy Owls....awesome bird. I really like the first shot best Pat. The only problem I see with the image is a blue color cast, otherwise it is wonderful.

    That species is right at the top of my wish list along with Bald Eagles, I'm jealous!

    I'm shocked that Bald Eagles are on your wish list. Depending on where you live in central Kentucky, you can get to a bunch of good Bald Eagle locales in under 7 hours drive. Head west to the Mississippi River. I just saw one sitting in a corn field the other day. This is my favorite spot for Bald Eagles and Waterfowl: http://www.fws.gov/Refuge/Mingo/wild...rd_counts.html

    74 Eagles were counted at Mingo two weeks ago (I only saw 15)!
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

  6. #4106
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    3,113
    Quote Originally Posted by dsiegel5151 View Post
    I'm shocked that Bald Eagles are on your wish list. Depending on where you live in central Kentucky, you can get to a bunch of good Bald Eagle locales in under 7 hours drive. Head west to the Mississippi River. I just saw one sitting in a corn field the other day. This is my favorite spot for Bald Eagles and Waterfowl: http://www.fws.gov/Refuge/Mingo/wild...rd_counts.html

    74 Eagles were counted at Mingo two weeks ago (I only saw 15)!
    I investigated potential sites on the Mississippi as you suggest.....my primary challenge is finding time. Due to work and family obligations I am limited. You may have noticed 99% of my shots are from my yard. My last out of state birding trip was almost 2 years ago. I really do appreciate your suggestion and I will bookmark that link in hopes of making a trip.

  7. #4107
    Senior Member dsiegel5151's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    I investigated potential sites on the Mississippi as you suggest.....my primary challenge is finding time. Due to work and family obligations I am limited. You may have noticed 99% of my shots are from my yard. My last out of state birding trip was almost 2 years ago. I really do appreciate your suggestion and I will bookmark that link in hopes of making a trip.
    I understand that! I've barely gotten my camera out at all this winter because of time constraints. I've been begging to teach ornithology the last two years just so I have an excuse to take birding road trips again. I miss the days of teaching Natural History of the Vertebrates when I got to go on field trips every weekend.
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

  8. #4108
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Central Illinois
    Posts
    850
    Taken today with the 5D MkIII and 400 5.6 + 1.4x TC III. AF is snappy and accurate. Hefty crop here.

    Last edited by M_Six; 12-24-2013 at 03:37 AM.
    Mark - Flickr
    ************************

  9. #4109
    Super Moderator Kayaker72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire, USA
    Posts
    4,333
    Nice shot Mark! You are selling me on the 400 mm + 1.4x combo. They seem to work well together!

  10. #4110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Central Illinois
    Posts
    850
    They do work well together *if* you have good light. That shot above was taken on a cloudy day, although the cardinal had sun on him. Still, at f8 and a decent SS, it required ISO 2500. If it's a very dull day with overcast I'll usually skip the TC.
    Mark - Flickr
    ************************

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •