What about EXIF?

thanks,

Alex.

Re: Post your best bird shots!

EXIF for the woodpecker:

1/250 f/7.1 ISO 500. Manual, handheld.

Brendan,

Nice job on the Pileated WP, very sharp and well exposed. I would wish for a slightly better head angle and that part of the bird wasn't obscured by the broken off branch. To get a perfect shot of one of these is a goal of mine. We have them around where I live but they are very skittish. They seem to be constantly on the move. No way can you stalk one and, at least for me, they do not come to a feeder regularly. They do, on occasion, respond to calls. So far I have only managed distant shots in poor light.

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade
    No way can you stalk one and, at least for me

That's funny you said that, b/c that's EXACTLY what I did! I chased it through a forest for 10 minutes. Every time I approached, it would fly away but would still stay in sight, never flying far. But I do agree, they're skittish for sure.

I have them around here too, but fortunatelly I have a very long lens is a can fill up the frame if I want. I also have a3X extender if I need it.But I'll have to get a camera first, pretty soom I'll get one. Then me and Nate will dominate this thread...[]

Chears,

John.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Glass

Then me<span style="text-decoration: line-through;"] and Nate will dominate this thread...[img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

Chears,

John.

Sounds like a challenge to me John! Too bad I don't have a long lens nor a good birding-camera so I won't take you on, but if I had...I would really consider this to be a challenge and to outperform you [A] Those are some risky words coming from your mouth (I censored Nate, because I don't know if he's with you on this one [])

Btw...if you pay some attention, there is more competition for you on this thread than you probably want to challenge...[:P] but be my guest[Y]

I do know that there are some very good birders on this forum, but I consider Nate the best.

I was only joking about being the best bird nut on this forum, but it would be a fun chalenge to try and out do each other. Ooh, mabye not!

BTW, I have only one month of experiance in bird photography. My camera broke and I haven't had a camera since. But as I said I will get one soon.

John.

I was only joking about being the best bird nut on this forum, but it would be a fun chalenge to try and out do each other. Ooh, mabye not!

Me too John, your risky words made me do it [A] If you would win an assignment, perhaps you could create your own? Beat my photo and make the best photo of a house-sparrow or something? That would be a fun challenge, I would even try []

I do know that there are some very good birders on this forum, but I consider Nate the best.

One of the best I agree. I think what makes his work stand out so much is that he photographs birds in their natural setting instead of feeders etc. A photo of a lion is sooner to be loved than a photo of a house-cat [] But I see a lot more potential and skill on this thread. (And none of it is mine, since I really haven't got the concentration to wait for these kind of shots[:P] not my cup of tea, I love watching it though)

Anyway, will be looking forward for more photos (perhaps from your new camera sometime) and I will stop getting of topic here [8-|]

Very nice shots Brendan. I think you are mistaken about your "tree swallow". Tree swallows ( Tachycineta Bicolor) have a pure white breast in both immature and adult and both sexes. I think that if you do your research you will find that this bird is a Eastern Phoebe ( Sayornis Phoebe) which does have some mottling at the top of the breast between the shoulders or the wing base.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"]</input><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden" />
    <div id="refHTML"]</div>

Man, I thought the challenge was up for real! I went ahead and ordered the 800 f/5.6L IS...what I'm going to do with it now....I guess I'll just keep it.

BTW I'm not the best, I'm just lucky to have a lot of opportunity around where I live.