Page 450 of 557 FirstFirst ... 350400440448449450451452460500550 ... LastLast
Results 4,491 to 4,500 of 5570

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Quote Originally Posted by Raid View Post
    Have been doing PP work now for over a week, mostly deleting and the odd edit and I'm getting very tired of it.

But then one shot comes along that makes you realise all of that hard work was worth it.

I would like to thank the engineers at Canon for making this shot possible.

Black-breasted Buzzard.

1/800, f5.6, ISO100, 76mm

Super shot....good focus and great background!

OK this is paradoxical but...I am working hard to match Bill's lazy man photography technique

It's raining a little here this morning so I set up a single feeder on the front porch, opened the door and set up my camera, tripod and cable release. This set up allowed me to sit my living room and also watch the PGA on TV with a cup of coffee to boot!

Additional equipment list:

1D MKIV
    300mm f/2.8L + 1.4 TC II + 25mm extension tube
    ISO 800
    f/5.0
    1/200
    580 EX II + BB @ 1/64 power

Another one from this morning....

One from this morning....different equipment

1DX
    500mm
    ISO 1600
    f/7.1
    1/1250
    580 EX + BB @ 1/64 power

Congratulations Joel....you've taken the lazy man photography to a new level.....sitting in your living room watching golf w/a cup of coffee while photographing. I'm impressed! Now get some backlighting and drop the flashes for the wing pattern blur.

The "different equipment" photo is the position I want to capture w/the backlighting and ultraslow shutter speed....my HBs just haven't cooperated yet.

BTW....wasn't that a phenomenal (tournament) finish to yesterday's PGA? I was so wrapped up in it, I missed shooting the super moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill W View Post
    Congratulations Joel....you've taken the lazy man photography to a new level.....sitting in your living room watching golf w/a cup of coffee while photographing. I'm impressed! Now get some backlighting and drop the flashes for the wing pattern blur.

The "different equipment" photo is the position I want to capture w/the backlighting and ultraslow shutter speed....my HBs just haven't cooperated yet.

BTW....wasn't that a phenomenal (tournament) finish to yesterday's PGA? I was so wrapped up in it, I missed shooting the super moon.
    I have so many trees around the house there isn't a good place to get back light naturally and, yes, what an incredible finish....I thought Rory was finished once he got 3 strokes behind. Reminded me of TW 12 years ago.

I was out doing some landscape work last Friday when I noticed a pair of swallows coming and going from an old concrete shelter. Suspecting that it might be a nest site, I took a look inside. The lighting wasn't great and I wasn't carrying a flash so I had to push the ISO to 12800, but I'm happy with the result.

Hungry Swallow Chicks by Andrew Stringer, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Bill W View Post

You guys are killing me. It is not bad enough you post great photo after great photo, but now you are just showing off by sitting back in an lounge chair watching TV while you snap great shots with great ease.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    You guys are killing me. It is not bad enough you post great photo after great photo, but now you are just showing off by sitting back in an lounge chair watching TV while you snap great shots with great ease.
    You ought to see the zillions of deleted images for every one that is in focus with a good pose. At least for me, this method has a very low keeper rate but a true "lazy man" doesn't care about that Here's one more......

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    You ought to see the zillions of deleted images for every one that is in focus with a good pose. At least for me, this method has a very low keeper rate but a true "lazy man" doesn't care about that Here's one more......
    Just being a little facetious. Trust me... I know a good picture is not by accident or luck. It takes a lot of dedication, planning, and patience to get the images you get. And I do not envy the amount of time you must spend in front of a computer in order to share them with us, but I am glad you do.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr