Page 46 of 558 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146546 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

Portrait of a Northern Cardinal from my backyard setup. I put some food on the ground and placed the rock just behind it....easily coaxed this fella to perch just where I wanted him. (Shot with 1D MKIII, 300mm 2.8 + 2.0 TC)[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.28/Cardinal.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan7
    Yes, I know. No, Denise, you didn't miss anything and the "[img]/emoticons/emotion-42.gif[/img]s" are welldeserved.

Hmm I think I'm seeing what you are doing here...misleading all the competition around here and sneaky buying the best lens yourself and own us all!!![:P]

<div>

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade
    Portrait of a Northern Cardinal from my backyard setup. I put some food on the ground and placed the rock just behind it....easily coaxed this fella to perch just where I wanted him. (Shot with 1D MKIII, 300mm 2.8 + 2.0 TC)

Wow, good shot! That's truly a beautiful colored bird, haven't seen anything like that flying around the house ever. Cool!

Jan

Ps: The 5D2 really sucks, heavily overpraised, overpriced and oversized: images are really soft, you can see the big pixels and honestly keep your mind and don't buy it! You will regret it!![6][]
    </div>

Blue Jay portrait with dogwood flower. 1D MKIII + 300mm 2.8 + 1.4TC. Taken using a tripod and a camo hide close to my backyard feeder.[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.28/343V8799.jpg[/img]

Hi Joel,

I sincerly love the bird, it is amazingly sharp, but the background could be better imo. Can you perhaps make some photographs of your setup? Your backyard-bird pictures are all amazing...

Thanks Pieter,

I really couldn't get the flower to look just right, It was originally way too bright, I think maybe it's just too large. It sort of draws the viewer's eye away from the bird. Thanks for looking.

I will try to post a picture of my set up soon, it's simple: An Ameristep Outhouse blind and some bird feeders with various dead branches placed aroundand a bird bath close by.

Joel

PS&gt; Imade a 5' X 5' PVC pipe frame and affixed the bottom of the blind to it so I can easily move the blind without having to use stakes. I did this so I can move around easily to try to keep the proper sun angle whenever possible and to be able to move the blindso we can mow and also so the grass won't die under it.

Here is a shot of my backyard bird setup as you requested.......[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.28/SetUp-Pic.jpg[/img]

That is quite the set up, but it works perfectly. That shot of the blue jay is ridiculous!!! Nice work!

Taken from inside the house through an open patio door

1D MKIII, 300 2.8 + 1.4 TC, f/5.0, 1/250 sec., iso 320[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.28/_5F00_MG_5F00_6793.jpg[/img]

Joel,

Wow. Very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by HiFiGuy1

Joel,

Wow. Very impressive.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

I second that! Joel, you take some of the best bird photos I have ever seen!! [Y]

Denise