Page 480 of 557 FirstFirst ... 380430470478479480481482490530 ... LastLast
Results 4,791 to 4,800 of 5570

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Quote Originally Posted by NFLD Stephen View Post
    The shots on this thread continue to amaze me.... I have nothing comparable, but I did recently get the new 100-400 and have been trying to get a few bird pictures lately. Specifically, a couple hawks (?) have taken up residence in the area around my house. I've sort of made it my goal to get a good picture of one of these in flight, but it is tough! Here is one of the better one's I've gotten so far:

4N9A9523 by Stephen, on Flickr

By the way, I think this is some sort of hawk, but I'm not sure what type. Any help with ID would be appreciated!
    It is definitely a hawk or a falcon....my guesses would be Coopers Hawk, Sharp Shinned Hawk or Peregrine Falcon
    Last edited by Joel Eade; 07-08-2015 at 03:58 PM.

@M_Six.....nice series, particularly of the HB shots.

@NFLD Stephen....looks like a Merlin to me......nice capture.

male fledgling Oriole

^^^^^Nice one, Bill.
    Mark - Flickr

I don't know the exact english name for this one, we call that "Merla", from the "Turdus" family - so i think it's a female blackbird.

This is probably my personal favourite bird shot... and the way i captured it it's a bit strange.

My bathroom window opens up to my little garden, where a big red plum tree offers a nice shelter for the birds.
    So, sometimes in the morning, in one of the few "time" i can use my reflex during the working days, i bring it in the bathroom and put an eye out
    to see if something is happening.

Always bring your camera with you. Everywhere.

Prohibitive conditions: @480mm (300mm on APS-C) with 1\40s, ISO 400 F8, Canon 60D + EF 70-300 IS USM

Hidden in the red tree

Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Jamsus

Jamsus....I think you're taking "everywhere" over the top. LOL nice pic.

Went kayaking yesterday and found some loons, thanks to Brant (Kayaker) sharing some info...unfortunately he couldn't join me.

Common loon and chick

Bill that is fantastic.

I just checked and it appears that you were able to capture that photo with a 70-200 and a 1.4? I would have thought a 600m with a 1.4. I have not seen a loon in thirty years, but I do seem to remember they were very skittish.
    Scott

Bill...jamsus...great shots.....

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    It is definitely a hawk or a falcon....my guesses would be Coopers Hawk, Sharp Shinned Hawk or Peregrine Falcon
    Coopers Hawk for sure. Great shot! Yet another reason why this is my favourite thread on the forum. Everything here is fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Always Looking View Post
    Bill that is fantastic.

I just checked and it appears that you were able to capture that photo with a 70-200 and a 1.4? I would have thought a 600m with a 1.4. I have not seen a loon in thirty years, but I do seem to remember they were very skittish.
    Yup, very skittish, and with a chick? That can't help at all. I'm assuming it's heavily cropped to pretty much pixel peeping crop levels. If not, what on Earth is your secret?!?
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L