Page 50 of 557 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150550 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

Double Crested Cormorant. 1D [img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.28/343V936212.jpg[/img]MKIII, 300mm 2.8 +1.4TC

Hand held from a fishing boat, 1/1250, f/8, iso 400. Comments and critiques welcome.

That's one awesome shot. Love how the separation from the background. Luckily the waves weren't too big so this guy could have his portrait taken. [] I tried snapping a shot in a boat one time, but it was crazy windy and about lost my gear!

Thanks Jason.

The bird separates from the background because of two filters I used in CS4: I ran Noise reduction and Gaussian blur on the background which makes the subject sort of stand out. Also I ran Unsharp mask on the bird and the perch which enhances that effect.

Joel

Hi all, I haven't posted here in ages, but finally managed to get a half decent shot of a Guillemot for you all to critique. Taken from a small rocking boat, so I only got about 10% of my shots in focus!

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.16/Guillemot-1.jpg[/img]

400D, 300mmf4L IS, f5.6, 1/1250, ISO200

It's a nice serene shot. I like the water droplets around the beak.

Went on a little walk about at Morton Arboretum this afternoon with the spousal unit, and brought the 7D along, and just after we start our walk a falcon swoops down on my wife about 20 feet in front of me, and then lands on the tree 10 feet above her. And the lens on my 7D at that moment was the Canon 10-22, wouldn't you know... but, the falcon was most cooperative, and stayed put long enough for me to change to my Canon 200mm 2.8 L, which i almost left in the car. The falcon then stood there for 20 minutes as I took 200 plus photos, almost like he was posing. It was fairly dark, as the canopy was very thick where we were. So having the 2.8 really got me some great shots. As i am taking the last couple shots, I take my eye from the camera and look up just as he leaps from the tree and swoops right at me, and buzzes my head.

Moral is. Always have what you need when you need it!

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.34.61/Falcon.jpg[/img]

Here he is in one of the last shots, and he is starting to get pissed, I think the camera clicks were starting to bother him, he looks at me as if i am about to be lunch...
    <div>[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.34.61/Falcon-Swoop.jpg[/img]</div>

Great photo cian -- I'll be going to Tofino, Canada in 3 days and will be seeing a LOT of these...I haven't seen one as brown as this, though.

Incredible exquisite shot. Really impressive!!! You think it is a falcon, which one? I wasn't sure so I looked it up in "Stokes Field to Birds" and I think it looks more like a Red Tailed Hawk. Hard to abe absolute becauseas you have just a frontal view.

Absolutely stunning photo. My $.02

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"]</input><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden" />
    <div id="refHTML"]</div>

Hello everyone! This is my first post. []And I'd like to show you one my photo, which I've taken in Garliava, Lithuania, 2010 06 15.

<span><span class="genmed"]I was coming home from the town when I saw Black redstar's family. So I fast went home to take the camera, then I ran back to the place where I had seen the birds. I was starting to think that they have gone but luckily I found them.

Black redstar

Canon 50D, Canon 100-400mm