Views:	57 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	473
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stanleypark-49.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	474
    Canon 5D Mk II, 550D/T2i, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 100mm f/2.8 L USM, 17-40mm f/4 L USM, 24-105mm f/4 L USM, 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM, 320EX speedlite

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/franco_ng/

I glanced out my window to see if there were any birds at the new feeder I put out and this is what I found on the ground staring up at the feeders! I was so shocked that I didn't even realize that I dd not have my lens fully extended! I was just happy that I had the right lens on the camera at the time!

IMG_6072 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr
    Last edited by ddt0725; 02-07-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Fantastic pic. I wonder if you are going to be seeing fewer small birds now?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    I glanced out my window to see if there were any birds at the new feeder I put out and this is what I found on the ground staring up at the feeders! I was so shocked that I didn't even realize that I dd not have my lens fully extended! I was just happy that I had the right lens on the camera at the time!
    IMG_6072 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr
    Denise, Thats a great "backyard bird pic" Joel, eat your heart out
    Bob

Great capture Denise, the wildlife is coming to you now for their portraits.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Thanks! It was pretty exciting! There of course wasn't a little bird to be seen or heard at the time but they came back about 15 mins. after he left. I wish I would have caught him swooping down! I couldn't get good angle out my barely opened window when he flew away. I'm sure glad I didn't see him eating a bird in my yard though! Before he flew off he dove into my bushes but I think he mistook a leaf blowing in the wind for a mouse. If it was a mouse I hope he took off with it!

Sure glad my little Sammy wasn't outside at the time!

I just wanted to post one more of the hawk. This one I tried Joel's technique with using gaussian blur. I guess it doesn't work to well on grass but I think the bird turned out ok.

IMG_6075 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    I just wanted to post one more of the hawk. This one I tried Joel's technique with using gaussian blur. I guess it doesn't work to well on grass but I think the bird turned out ok.

IMG_6075 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr
    I am jealous....wow....such a close encounter with a Cooper's, fantastic shots.

I think the blur on the BG will work but in this case you may need to do a couple other things.......

1. The bird needs to be a little brighter overall compared to the BG
    2. Using more noise reduction and reducing contrasr just on the BG will help too.

Really unusual opportunity ... he must be hunting your song birds, I see these swoop through the tress behind my house and they perch at a distance but never have been this close...kudos for being ready.

And yet another Bosque image....sorry....decided to take Nik Silver Efex for a spin!

It seems to make really nice B&W conversions.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    And yet another Bosque image....sorry....decided to take Nik Silver Efex for a spin!

It seems to make really nice B&W conversions.
    NIce work Joel, and the silver efx pro really did a nice job with this shot. But personaly, I like the color version better. Although the B&W version really brings out the detail in the wings and feathers.
    Bob