Page 91 of 558 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

7D

Oh, yeah,Rich, I forgot that CP filter. as long as you push it to the right but not over it in your camera's histogram, you are fine.

I shot this one about a year ago in jpeg, 7D, 300mm2.8+1.4TC, f4.0, ISO400, 1/6400, still loss some detail, getting proper exposure is always a hard part to me

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4380.IMG_5F00_3878.jpg[/img]

and the exposure of the following one seems better

7D, 300mm2.8, f4.5,ISO100,1/2500 in raw

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5657.IMG_5F00_1424.jpg[/img]

the PP are kind of rough[:$]

Nate, what a nice catch! it's just a beautiful shot of nature.

JJphoto, nice Egret shots, the second one is primo!!!

This is a Juvenile White Ibis

1DMKIII

500mm f/4L IS USM

1/1250

f/6.3

iso 400

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4810.343V0769.jpg[/img]

Joel, Nice Ibis shot, Sharp, nice bokeh----These shots keep me motivated to go out and assault the sandhills and snow geese---Its that time of year again for us in the southwest. Hopefully, I can add something to this string in the next week or two.

Bob
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Williams

Joel, Nice Ibis shot, Sharp, nice bokeh----These shots keep me motivated to go out and assault the sandhills and snow geese---Its that time of year again for us in the southwest. Hopefully, I can add something to this string in the next week or two.

Bob
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

yeah, another great shot as usual, Joel!

it's pretty sad that I have never seen a ibis or spoon bill here in southern California, no sandhill either, can't wait to see your pictures Bob.

Nice Ibis shot Joe, good light and sharp, maybe a little more room on the bottom.

JJphoto, if you want ibis, there

thanks Nate for the information! I'v been thinking going to San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary in Irvine for long time because I'v seen some great shots you took there, it's not too far from where I live, I'll go there to shoot later for sure. I don't know Salton sea though, I will google it out. I went to shoot California brown pelican in La jolla in Jan. this year just because you mentioned it here. I got up so early like you did and drove about 1.5h in dark just by myself, but I had a great time shooting there, I hadn't gone home till my wife and my twins(crying) called me......[:|] thanks again!

Great capture Nate! Are you sure you

You guys have inspired me to get some bird shots in the wild so I went to the river yesterday in the hopes of getting some spectacular shots of a GBH. I've seen them at the spillway before so that's where I went. Unfortunately they weren't being very cooperative!

This is the best I could muster, but at least it has a King Fisher in it too!

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6457.GBH_5F00_KingFisher_5F00_EXIF.png[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/1024x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6330.GBH_5F00_KingFisher.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane

Can anyone recommend a good Bird Identification Book or Website that I can use? I'm mainly interested in identifying them first, then I can look them up and read about them later.

I use the All About Birds Website---Its pretty handy and easy to use.

Bob
    Bob