Page 327 of 557 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377427 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 5570

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    White Ibis portrait (Ft. DeSoto Florida)
    1D MKIV
    700mm
    Hand held
    ISO 400
    f/6.3
    1/2000
    Joel, That is a beautiful photo of one ugly bird----Perhaps I will work on Buzzards in flight just to compete with the master
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane View Post
    That's not a better beamer knock-off above. That's a reflector, or bendable bounce card for the flash. All that does is redirect the flash, by bouncing it off of the card and then sends the flash output in a different direction.

The Better Beamer is a flash extender, which is similar to a fresnel lens (in a Lighthouse) which magnifies and projects light farther distances. It focuses and concentrates the output of the flash into a narrow beam via the fresnel panel that is positioned in front of the flash.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresnel_lens

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/427602-REG/Visual_Echoes_FX3_FX3_Better_Beamer_for.html

I hope that helps,
    Rich

Rich, I stand corrected. For some reason I was mixing up the rogue flash bender with the better Beamer. Thanks for correcting.

Is that one considered as a bird

After all, it flights, doesn't it?

7D, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II @ 200mm, 1/500, f/4, ISO 100. Barely cropped to get rid of a high-voltage cable in the bottom left corner. Taken at the Geneva airport.

Cheers,
    S.

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    Joel, That is a beautiful photo of one ugly bird----Perhaps I will work on Buzzards in flight just to compete with the master
    Thanks Bob, appreciate the nice comment (and the humor)

From Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, VA. The story is they took him in 6 weeks ago. A hunter in South Carolina was bragging that he'd shot it -- took most of his right wing. He was arrested and they found the bird, 5 years for shooting it (10 years had he killed it). The irony being, if the hunter hadn't bragged, the eagle would died and the hunter would never had been caught.

Beautiful bird, sad story, what an idiot for doing such a thing to begin with let alone telling on himself. He deserves what he got and more, hopefully he will also be banned from hunting for life. It's fools like this that can give all ethical hunters a bad rep.

Quote Originally Posted by cowmao View Post
    From Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, VA. The story is they took him in 6 weeks ago. A hunter in South Carolina was bragging that he'd shot it -- took most of his right wing. He was arrested and they found the bird, 5 years for shooting it (10 years had he killed it). The irony being, if the hunter hadn't bragged, the eagle would died and the hunter would never had been caught.
    Sounds like the words that came out of this idiot's mouth is probably the smartest words he ever said! So glad he was caught!!

I haven't posted in here in quite awhile since it's just been way to hot to enjoy the outdoors!! Expecting temps of 113 degrees tomorrow!

Female House Finch by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

Female House Finch by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

Senior Member francongphotography's Avatar
    A shot during my visit to a local park, saw this Great Blue Heron from afar, then rushed to the shorelines and waited for about half an hour for its flight-

Here it is,
    Canon 5D Mk II, 550D/T2i, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 100mm f/2.8 L USM, 17-40mm f/4 L USM, 24-105mm f/4 L USM, 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM, 320EX speedlite

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/franco_ng/

Great heron in flight pic Franco! Denise the 2nd house finch picture must have been windy, her feathers are being blown around.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by francongphotography View Post
    A shot during my visit to a local park, saw this Great Blue Heron from afar, then rushed to the shorelines and waited for about half an hour for its flight-

Here it is,
    Nice shot. Very sharp. What was your gear setup?