Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
No it was heavy overcast...I did get a little ghosting because I was using 1/16 instead of 1/32. The reason for that is an experimental set up. I used my 2 Wimberly macro flash arms attached to the Wimberly gimbal to hold 2 430 EXII's and the 3rd flash was on the hotshoe of the camera. This makes everything attached to one tripod so no light stands to mess with. I quickly found out though that the flashes end up a little too far from the birds and thus not enough light at 1/32 power. It was an attempt to simplify the set up but the other way is probably better with each flash on it's own stand.
It's funny how we go through that. I have tried several different versions of the same idea in an attempt to make set-up quick and easy. I tried to put 3 flashes one stand and one on the camera and found the same thing you did. The flash on the camera never seems to be close enough. I also lose the top light--(Which I really like). But I have a new Idea I plan to try this week.

I purchased the Westcott Apollo soft box recently for a couple of reasons. 1. baby pictures. and 2. I am going to put two lights in the softbox and use them without the diffuser cloth, and one top light---I am hoping that the silver lining of the soft box will give me those specular highlights I have been looking for in the birds wings and feathers. Time will tell. Bob