Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    OK, I finally took the time to print a few backgrounds and try them on my Hummingbirds. The only species we have east of the Mississippi is the Ruby Throat so no diversity like Bob enjoys but they're beautiful none the less.

I like the background colors but I need to incorporate flowers and maybe some patterns in the BG as well. These were taken with 1D3 and the 300mm f/2.8L with 3 flashes on the bird and one on the background all set to 1/32 power. Which one do you like best?

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    OK, I finally took the time to print a few backgrounds and try them on my Hummingbirds. The only species we have east of the Mississippi is the Ruby Throat so no diversity like Bob enjoys but they're beautiful none the less.

I like the background colors but I need to incorporate flowers and maybe some patterns in the BG as well. These were taken with 1D3 and the 300mm f/2.8L with 3 flashes on the bird and one on the background all set to 1/32 power. Which one do you like best?
    Yes, The RTHs are beautiful, I just wish they would join the ranks here in the south west. As far as the backgrounds, I don't care for the solid colors much except for black, Unless of course you need the solid color to make masking a little easier. What I do find the solid colors useful is to fill in dark spots when you have some sort of leafy or flowered background. In this case I think the light greens would work very nice. As far as the Birds Go, My favorite is the second one. I always like to see this front facing position because you have a better chance of lighting the gorget ---and you did a nice job lighting this one.

Nice work, keep em coming Joel

Bob
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    OK, I finally took the time to print a few backgrounds and try them on my Hummingbirds. Which one do you like best?

Beautiful shot! I like this background the best!