Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just uploaded a bunch of bird pics. I do birds like a birding guy would do the grand canyon if he lived next to it.

https://flic.kr/p/2osvjXf
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

You have some great images in there .... enjoyed looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Busted Knuckles View Post
    Just uploaded a bunch of bird pics. I do birds like a birding guy would do the grand canyon if he lived next to it.

https://flic.kr/p/2osvjXf
    Great set! Do you take those from the shore, boat, kayak or hide? Looks like your pretty close!!!

Jason, sorry the late response. Most if not all the shots where walking along a path (sun set shot) 50 yards from the jeep. The rest where from inside the jeep standing through the open soft top. Or maybe a few feet from the jeep, if is a low angle shot.

If you like birds you MUST come to Orlando in late January through late February - all the migratory birds are here in density along w/ the locals. We have several parks that anyone of them would be a world class birding site and there are 4 that are about 45 minutes from one to the next.

Kayaker has been coming down for several years and we tried the west coast of FL vs. east coast. WAY more birds on the east coast, but with some patience and luck we got several keepers (his tern shots and the ones I posted where from that trip).

I would be double pleased if you wanted to chase around next year with us (I assume Kayaker is coming) or on your own. As mentioned, I have a soft top jeep (gladiator) kick up the back seats, drop the top and looks all the world like a National Geographic vehicle. .

Hope to see you in FL soon.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911