Page 225 of 557 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 5570

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

So I finally get to post in the notorious best bird shots thread

I took some shots of an owl and when I identified it, it turns out it is only common in Europe, parts of Asia and Nord-Africa...Wohoo! So I can even show you something rare! :P

It's a Little Owl (Athene noctua), all photos are shot with the 5D2 and the rented 400mm f2.8 L IS:

And while I have a reason to post here, can anybody identify these birds?:

I saw a lot of them, but I have no clue what they are.

Thanks, Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Paalman
    So I finally get to post in the notorious best bird shots thread

Of course, with Joel, Nate, Denise and others how can anyone feel anything but belittled? ;-)

Nice shots, I like the first one best.I think ifyou crop quite a bit more it would give it more impact. The bokeh is simply amazing!

The other shots sure have some funnylooking eyes! I wonder whats wrong with them, blind or cross eye?

Have no clue what kind are the last ones either, mabye someone can chime in latter.

John.

Jan,

awesome to get see and photo a rare species.....he

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Glass
    Of course, with Joel, Nate, Denise and others how can anyone feel anything but belittled? ;-)

Yup, you guys just rock! The level of birdphotography is simply said: awesome and I love to watch, but I dream to be able to post something like it myself

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Glass
    I like the first one best.I think ifyou crop quite a bit more it would give it more impact. The bokeh is simply amazing!

I agree, for some reason the bokeh stood out in this photo much more than it does on others. What crop do you have in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade
    awesome to get see and photo a rare
    species.....he's a cute little fella!, I wonder what's wrong with his
    left eye? Maybe an injury and/or infection.

I've only seen this type of owl once more in my life. While it supposedly isn't that rare, it is quite small so it's easy to mis. I thought we were dealing with a youngster, but when reading the wikipedia I think it was an adult. They don't grow large, about 8-9 inches full grown.

I'not sure what's wrong with the eye. He/she sure looked cross-eyed when we took the shots, but it's left eye also looks redder/more blood so an infection/injury sounds like a possibility as well.

Jan

Joel, I like this shot---beautiful......Love the detail in the wings and the subdued background. Nice job
    Bob

Jan, Great shot of the little owl. I especially the the first one and wow---the bokeh that the 400 f2.8 produces is incredible.

Nice job catching this guy.
    Bob

For all of those birders out there, check out Joel's "Backyard Bird Photography setup Tips" that Bryan just posted in the "Photography Tips from the Forums"on the Photography Tips page.

NIce job Joel. I havelearned a great deal from you and am using several of your tips in my own backyard.

Thanks,
    Bob

Thanks everybody for the nice comments on the Great Egret image. I was very happy when I first looked at this one in the computer. I was having trouble getting the whites exposed correctly against the darker background. I ended up using 2 stops less light than camera meter called for on this image and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Williams

For all of those birders out there, check out Joel's "Backyard Bird Photography setup Tips" that Bryan just posted in the "Photography Tips from the Forums"on the Photography Tips page.

NIce job Joel. I havelearned a great deal from you and am using several of your tips in my own backyard.

Thanks,

Thanks Bob, It was a good idea you came up with and I had fun putting it together Folks should also review your tips on hummingbirds it is very well done.

Tufted Titmouse

1D3

300mm 2.8L + 1.4TC

iso 1000

1/125

f/5.6

580 EXII + Better Beamer

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1425.343V1036.jpg[/img]