Page 240 of 558 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 5571

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Beautiful shot Denise!

Great shot Denise---Love the look.
    Bob

Spent the day at the Bosque del Apache yesterday---still sorting through a bunch of pics but here are a few I thought I would share. Looks like it is going to be a busy season. There were thousands of geese and cranes, and lots of other stuff to shoot--This is the busiest I have ever seen this early in the season. Also, The BdA opened an additional 7 mile route through both woods and fields which opened up a lot more photo ops. Joel, better start cleaning your lenses now and charging your batteries now.

Juvi Bald Eagle

Sandhill Crane

Another Sandy

Yes, More Sandies

Got Geese?

OK, Since you ask, one more Sandy Pic

Bob

Wow, Bob!!! These photos are spectacular! Most definitely looks like a superb place to shoot!

Thanks, guys! I have already attracted a few chickadees and Mrs. Cardinal to my suet feeders this morning! Still waiting for the downy woodpecker to appear!

IMG_4113_1 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    Spent the day at the Bosque del Apache yesterday---still sorting through a bunch of pics but here are a few I thought I would share. Looks like it is going to be a busy season. There were thousands of geese and cranes, and lots of other stuff to shoot--This is the busiest I have ever seen this early in the season. Also, The BdA opened an additional 7 mile route through both woods and fields which opened up a lot more photo ops. Joel, better start cleaning your lenses now and charging your batteries now.
    Wow......I am really looking forward to it....looks amazing. Were all those with your 500mm?

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    Wow......I am really looking forward to it....looks amazing. Were all those with your 500mm?
    Yep, except the eagle, I had to use the 1.4 ex and crop heavily so the IQ is very limited. Also, I haven't had much luck adjusting the focus with the 500---I think my targets are too small and the "ruler" is difficult to read at 50-100 times the focal length, So I am going to build my own AF adjustment target, just haven't done it yet.
    Bob

Denise, Sorry for the late reply and thanks---The BdA is a great place to shoot, and I would highly recommend it to any photog heading this way---but I have one huge problem with it. It seems that there is so much to shoot that I find myself running from subject to subject without ever really "working the shot". I know that if I would decide on a subject and just work the shot, my photos would be much better, but it's kinda like a kid in a candy store, usually all I end up with is a belly ache. So I have told my wife, that when we go out there it will only be to shoot one thing and then i can focus on really getting it right. of course that has yet to happen
    Bob

Swallow

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_1828.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	162

A swallow picture I took this late summer. Turned out pretty good I think. Taken with a 7D and the 100mm Macro L, preset focus distance, high speed burst rate. Had to point with camera in the general direction of the swallows, using viewfinder was hopeless, they were so fast and erratic in flight. This one is making for a full stop/evasive action upon hearing the shutter go. I think it made for pretty good pose from the bird

Edit: Hmm small preview in post I see. Oh well, click on it for larger version
    Last edited by gasam; 11-30-2011 at 02:10 PM.