Thread: 1 Series and weather sealing.

1 Series and weather sealing.

What in practical terms does this mean?
    I realize that it does not mean that I cango diving with it.

I know I also need a sealed lens, which I mistakenly thought I purchased, but after reading Bryans review again, I must have been confused.
    I had read lots of reviews, brain mush.
    Picked up a 300 f4L.

Re: 1 Series and weather sealing.

I went on a sunset supper cruise once, and took my Minolta 7D. Winds were 15-18mph, the captain wasn't familiar with the small boat, and we were getting tossed around. With seven people on board, the cockpit was cozy, and my camera bag had already gotten tossed off the cabin seats. I put my camera in the sink, where it wouldn't bounce around.

The captain ran the water to wash his hands, not seeing the black camera hiding in the sink. It was weeks before the AF mode/MF switch was back to normal, and at least a week before it was worth trying to take a picture.

I don't have those worries, ever, with my 1D3, other than not yet having a filter on my 16-35II. 24-105? No problem. 70-200? No problem. 580EX II (you know, high voltage stuff!)? No problem. I shoot until my subjects don't want to be out in the rain any more. 50/1.8? That one I worry about, except that it's a toy and no big deal to replace.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Re: 1 Series and weather sealing.

Thanks.

Anyone else that can give some first hand insight?
    Also, any good ideas for shooting with my 300 in inclement weather?