Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What prime to Buy on Budget

Re: What prime to Buy on Budget

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Lee

It never ends.............A guy named Lance from Perth (a Pentaxian) coined the phrase LBA ( Lens Buying Addiction)....

Only an empty wallet, bank account, and maxed out credit can stop it.

I've had LBA since I bought my first DSLR....[img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

I hear that. I've run out of money so I'll buy a lens on Bill Me Later,no interest, no payments for 6 months, use it for the 6 months, determine if I want to keep. If I don't like it I sell it (the losses are less than renting, especially if you buy during rebate) if I like it and haven't come up with the cash in 6 months, I'll sell another lens that I don't use as much. It's like Crack but I'm really getting down to the nitty on what I like to shoot with.

The nifty-fifty would be nice as I just got myself one recently (yesterday).I have to admit, I went loco within a few minutes I had it on my rebel. [] I'm really looking forward for occassions to learn more of the strengths of this nifty-fifty lens!
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

Keith,

I keep seeing the Bill Me Later thing with no interest, no payments, but who offers this? It sounds like a pretty neat deal. I "need" a couple of pieces, one of which is currently "with rebate", for my little start-up business.

Quote Originally Posted by HiFiGuy1

Keith,

I keep seeing the Bill Me Later thing with no interest, no payments, but who offers this? It sounds like a pretty neat deal. I "need" a couple of pieces, one of which is currently "with rebate", for my little start-up business.

<div>

They started out as there own entity but were bought by eBay/Paypal. I've used them several times over the last year or so. I love them because I like to buy stuff, make money with it and then pay for it but I hate interest. It is great no problems just make sure you can pay for it in thim or else you have to pay the accumulated interest.

As I said above, you can buy a lens use it for 6 months use, then sell if you choose and then pay off and have lost less than you would have for renting it. Like right now I just bought the 35 1.4L, but I have found that I love it and will keep it, so my least used lens will have to go in the coming months unless things really kick up soon.
    </div>

So you can only use it when purchasing items on eBay? Doesn't that limit your options as to what you can buy?

No. B&amp;H, Adoram, J&amp;R all take it. Walmart even takes it.

Bill Me Later Electronics

I'd Stay Away from bill Me later. You can get hooked into a impossible situation with effectively a 100% interest.

http://baltimore.bizjournals.com/baltimore/stories/2010/01/04/daily48.html