Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best Motor-sport Photos

Re: Post Your Best Motor-sport Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Itheone

It is an F430 but not sure if it's exactly the same car, there are a couple of minor cosmetic differences between the two. There are 2 additional sponsor stickers, 1 on the bottom of the door and 1 by the side air intake. Also, the chrome square on the rear of first car extends into the rear bumper, and on the second it ends right at the bumper. It's definitely the same team and driver (James Henley from LA).

When was your picture taken?
    It was taken on 09-20-2009 at theFerrari Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Itheone

Here's a couple of my favorites, all taken at Road Atlanta this past summer:

The rest can be seen on my website: www.adprphoto.com

I am a HUGE motorcycle racing fan, but of your shots, this classic Maserati is my favorite. Beautiful composition, the fact that it's B&W, the grainy "aged" look, just excellent. Congratulations!

I have to confess I find motor cars and motor sports crushingly boring, but my son does not feel this way. Here's one of him in a go-cart.

Camera: Canon EOS 40D
    Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1600)
    Aperture: f/3.5
    Focal Length: 200 mm
    ISO Speed: 1000

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.33.03/rig.jpg[/img]

2slo, Love the shot of the buggy. What event was that?

Bill W, Love the vintage F1 and the Porsches. My dad remembers seeing the F1 cars when they were racing originally. :P

Mark and Itheone, Great F430 shots.

Also Itheone, the Motorcycles are great! And how about that Caterham!

Samuel

Feeling old, I bought my first SLR ( Canon AE-1 ) to take pictures of the 1970's F-1 cars. I have since check the pictures from the digital 10Mpix rebel against the film pictures, and I think the Digitals are better.

Porche on three wheels

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x600/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.92/porche.jpg[/img]

Old Jag KX-120

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/1000x600/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.92/jag.jpg[/img]

And of course an Alfa 1750

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/1000x500/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.92/alfa.jpg[/img]

Road America, Canon 100-400, Rebel XTi

Love these shots gunslinge! All very good shots. Some of them are extremely classic in every way!

Both of these were taken on the same day, with a canon 55-250 IS. 2nd one's a bit blurry, i actually was taking the picture as i ran toward the subject. He was unharmed but a bit annoyed [*-)]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.41/IMG_5F00_1957-copy.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.41/IMG_5F00_1983-copy.jpg[/img]

Its a new series taking the extreme off roadersby storm. King of the Hammers started whats turned into an Ultra 4400 series rock/desert race class. Google KOH forlots ofaction packed pictures and youtube videos.

My picts are from flat sections and are boring, we were supporting these tworigs. Quite a bit of the course getsrocky, vertical climbs and falls, and narrow. So if a rig breaks and blocks the course, its not unusual for another one to drive right over it. Its just part of the sport.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.33.03/jerry_2D00_-686a.JPG[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.33.03/jerry_2D00_-222a.JPG[/img]

2slo, That is some crazy driving there. Where were you when you took these pictures? Also, since this is a photography forum, what equipment were you using and what was the speed etc?

Keep them coming, I love this thread!