Thread: Audio lags video

Alan

Audio lags video

I did a search on this site, but couldn't find anything about this subject.

I converted a MOV file from my 5D Mk 2, to MPEG-2, using a converter (AVS4You.com).

The file was taken using the HD setting. Firmware is up to date. I used a SanDisk Extreme III card to record the video.

I burned the mpeg to a DVD, but when played it has an ever so slight lag on the audio. It seems consistently the same lag. That is, it doesn't seem to increase the gap between audio/video.

My PC runs on Win 7 Home Premium, 6 Gb RAM, Nvidia graphics card. I upgraded from Vista Home Premium.

The converter has several options to convert. At first, I thought that the frames per second setting of 29.97 was the issue, so I set it to 30 fps. In either case, the outcome was the same.

I don't know much about these settings, so I'm just probing in the dark on the whole matter.

I did a google search, and some say that the graphics card could be the problem, or the DirectX isn't up to date, or the converter is the wrong converter, and a host of other things.

Has anyone experienced this, and if you've found a solution, please let me know.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas.

Re: Audio lags video

I would guess that it's a flaw in the AVS4You settings or the program itself. I have used MPEG Streamclip successfully, but it may not have the output codec you desire and is probably more difficult to use. I consider Cineform NeoScene to be the ideal solution, but it costs money.

Alan

Re: Audio lags video

Daniel, thanks for the tips. I'll look into both. Money? If it fixes it, money is well spent! Cineform NeoScene is your preference? It isn't very expensive, at $129.