I did a search on this site, but couldn't find anything about this subject.

I converted a MOV file from my 5D Mk 2, to MPEG-2, using a converter (AVS4You.com).

The file was taken using the HD setting. Firmware is up to date. I used a SanDisk Extreme III card to record the video.

I burned the mpeg to a DVD, but when played it has an ever so slight lag on the audio. It seems consistently the same lag. That is, it doesn't seem to increase the gap between audio/video.

My PC runs on Win 7 Home Premium, 6 Gb RAM, Nvidia graphics card. I upgraded from Vista Home Premium.

The converter has several options to convert. At first, I thought that the frames per second setting of 29.97 was the issue, so I set it to 30 fps. In either case, the outcome was the same.

I don't know much about these settings, so I'm just probing in the dark on the whole matter.

I did a google search, and some say that the graphics card could be the problem, or the DirectX isn't up to date, or the converter is the wrong converter, and a host of other things.

Has anyone experienced this, and if you've found a solution, please let me know.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas.