Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Decision finally made (I think) I which two lenses to buy - Being a newbie, I hope I made the right choices! Feedback appreciated!

Re: Decision finally made (I think) I which two lenses to buy - Being a newbie, I hope I made the right choices! Feedback appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    I may have to do some rethinking it seems like.

Seems to me you're off fine! Don't worry too much, and just trust your instinct.

Re: Decision finally made (I think) I which two lenses to buy - Being a newbie, I hope I made the right choices! Feedback appreciated!

For general wildlife, get the 100-400, for macro get the 100 f/2.8L IS. I like your first decision.

Nate

I will go with Nate on that one, the zoom offers far more flexibility.

John.

are we getting into the flexibility vs quality debate again?

oh dear[:P]

I do have two lenses that came with the kit I purchased. I have a 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6 IS and a 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS so I thought the two new ones I have picked would help me venture into new territories. I may have to do some rethinking it seems like.

Thanks for you advice ...Happy Holidays! [img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

Denise
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Then fair enough, don't let me confuse you, sounds like you're doing the right thing

Quote Originally Posted by bburns223
    Unless you shoot bugs for a living

My goal...[] OK, some other nature, too. [:P]

The 300mm with an extender is my final choice!

Great choice.

Now I'm wondering if I should still get the 100mm f/2.8 L macro also if the 300mm can take some pretty nice macro shots

I think you should. If you put some extenders, TC, and/or close-up adapter on the 300mm, you can get some nice macro, but they wont be as nice as the 100mm.

Thanks for reassuring me of my decision. I ended up ordering the 100mm, the 300mm and the 1.4x extender. I should have all on Wed! []

Denise