Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice for 100-400

Re: Advice for 100-400

Tabazan, one thing to keep in mind is that when someone encounters a problem, they tend to ask on forums and complain everywhere, but when they don't encounter problems they surely will not put that on the internet(at least most of the time).

That's how horror-story's start...I say don't worry to much unless you're buying 2nd hand, or when quality sites as this one or dpreview announce "official" bugs and don't recommend the lens you want to buy.

With 2nd hand you don't (at least most of the time) get a chance to either get your money back or trade a lemon for a good lens. So always try them out properly[]

Re: Advice for 100-400

I had the same thought like you for a week and was searching and reading about what lenses to choose for a focal length longer than 70-200. I am debating to either get 300 f4 IS or 400 f4.5 IS or 100-400 f4.5 IS for birding and wildlife. After couple days I did pull the trigger to order a new 100-400 f4.5 IS since it is more flexible and versatile for my shooting style. Do not worry about sharpness since I found the colors included sharpness of this lens are superior to the others with same focal length especially with 5D2.