Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best Shots of... YOU!

Re: Post Your Best Shots of... YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by mattsartin

That was indeed in front of the Louisville Science Center, I'm pretty much surprised anybody knew what that was

My wife worked there in the early 2000's. You didn't think you're the only person in the area taking photos, did you? [:P]

Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by IAMB
    Me about a year ago. 1D mk II, 24-105L, 1/250 and f10.

That sure is an impressive peak you're sitting on, especially without a rope and harness! 14000ft+? Very nice.

Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by lcnewkirk

Quote Originally Posted by mattsartin

That was indeed in front of the Louisville Science Center, I'm pretty much surprised anybody knew what that was

My wife worked there in the early 2000's. You didn't think you're the only person in the area taking photos, did you? [img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

Lewis

I thought I had the Louisville market cornered, or at least for this forum [H]

Quote Originally Posted by lcnewkirk

Me about a year ago. 1D mk II, 24-105L, 1/250 and f10.

That sure is an impressive peak you're sitting on, especially without a rope and harness! 14000ft+? Very nice.

Lewis
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Actually, it's on the crater rim of St. Helens, so only around 8360 feet (it is a thousand foot drop to the crater floor from where I'm sitting though... painful at best). Funny thing about the volcanoes around the Columbia river: frequent low clouds makes altitude difficult to judge by eye.

I have a couple fourteeners on the list for this year (Shasta and Rainier), time permitting. However, I have a trip to the Big Island coming up in May and then I'm taking a small group up Hood a few weeks later (if the weather gods see fit to be nice to me this year) so all other plans are on hold until after that.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.27.23/LT9C2178.jpg[/img]

Me about a year ago. 1D mk II, 24-105L @24mm, 1/250, ISO 100 and f10.

very nice! by the looks of you and the place you're in you seem to be an experienced climber! 8400 feet, though, that's still pretty far up! OH *phews* 1,000 foot drop?!!![:|]that might hurt [:P]

kool shot/[H]

brendan

Quote Originally Posted by bburns223

very nice! by the looks of you and the place you're in you seem to be an experienced climber! 8400 feet, though, that's still pretty far up! OH *phews* 1,000 foot drop?!!![img]/emoticons/emotion-8.gif[/img]that might hurt [img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

kool shot/[img]/emoticons/emotion-11.gif[/img]

brendan

Thanks. I do enjoy this one as far as "me" shots go.

As for me, yes I'm a fairly experienced climber, but St. Helens isn't really too rough in good weather (blizzards in August are a story for another time). You should have an ice axe with you as long as the snow fields haven't all melted (some years they never do) just in case you slip and fall on a steep bit, but other than that it's more of a strenuous day hike than anything... murder on the knees when coming down.

And I suppose "pretty far up" is all relative to the terrain where you live. One of the Nepalese students working in my lab would probably laugh at me for calling any U.S. mountains "tall". []

As for me, yes I'm a fairly experienced climber, but St. Helens isn't really too rough in good weather (blizzards in August are a story for another time). You should have an ice axe with you as long as the snow fields haven't all melted (some years they never do) just in case you slip and fall on a steep bit, but other than that it's more of a strenuous day hike than anything... murder on the knees when coming down.

Have you climbed the "South Sister" in Oregon? It's great. Lakes and glaciers everywhere.

Alright guys, I took this one tonight. Gotta love having a bit of free time on your hands. ;-)

I'm on a kick with these self portraits now! Lack of another model means I have to practice on myself. This is the whole picture, not cut off

Exif: Canon XTi &amp; 50mm f/1.8 II

1/200s f/10 ISO 100 flash fired 1/8 power

Great to see the faces behind the names. Here's mine.

Always hard to capture shots, those self portraits. Nailing the focus will always be hard when you're not behind the camera ;-)