Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best Shots of... YOU!

Re: Post Your Best Shots of... YOU!

NICE! Love how the shoes match the suit & tie, Keith!! I like the 2nd photo best. First one looks alittle too serious, I perfer the relaxed look!

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

NICE! Love how the shoes match the suit & tie, Keith!! I like the 2nd photo best. First one looks alittle too serious, I perfer the relaxed look!

Denise

Thanks Denise.

The first photo, I wanted that awkward pretentiousness. There is a local photographer here that has some of the most ridiculous self portraits in all his ads. He is doing "Blue Steel" in all of them.I can't pull off "Blue Steel" so I was going for that "Are you quite finished yet? Do you need me to come over and show you how it's done? Your wasting my time" look.

If nothing else I figured the silver sneakers might let everyone off the hook. How can you take anyone wearing silver sneakers serious?

Just incase it wasn't apparent I am a serious photographer, I have the cufflinks to prove it.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.81/_5F00_MG_5F00_8898crop.jpg[/img]

Buying a suit to match shoes? That sounds like something I'd do. Camera cuff-links? I can't tell you how much I want some. :-)

Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters

Buying a suit to match shoes? That sounds like something I'd do. Camera cuff-links? I can't tell you how much I want some. :-)

Great stuff.

Well I wanted a new slim cut suit but was holding off until I found those kicks. I figured they'd be something that folks would notice at functions. I have a pair black shoes incase I chicken out.

The cufflinks were a gift from bride-to-be for helping her hubby-to-be pick out a suit. They came from a Kenneth Cole outlet store if you have one near you. I don't see them on the online store.

I've been on the lookout for a slim (modern fitting) suit for a while now, but I haven't been able to find one that fit just right. I'm a rather odd size (38L or 40L, with 34W/34L pants) that is especially hard to shop for (I have really long arms combined with a rather slim body). I've come close a couple of times lately, but I just can't pull the trigger unless it's perfect.

Great shot Keith!

The first shot is too centered for me, but I really like the 2nd shot a lot. I may crop out just a "tiny bit" of the gray wall above your head though.

Rich

I set up the shot and the lady friend was kind enough to snap it for me []

Canon Rebel XTi Sigma 30mm f/1.4

1/1250s ISO 100 f/2

<div>

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters

I've been on the lookout for a slim (modern fitting) suit for a while now, but I haven't been able to find one that fit just right. I'm a rather odd size (38L or 40L, with 34W/34L pants) that is especially hard to shop for (I have really long arms combined with a rather slim body). I've come close a couple of times lately, but I just can't pull the trigger unless it's perfect.

This one came from the CK outlet here. They were having big Labor Day sale, jacket, pants, shirt and 2 ties $300. Couldn't resist. I had a taylor tell me I was built like a taylor mannequin. 5'11" 175lbs 40R 32W/32. If I go to Men's Warehouse I qualify for the perfect fit discount. Being average has it's benefits.

</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane

Great shot Keith!

The first shot is too centered for me, but I really like the 2nd shot a lot. I may crop out just a "tiny bit" of the gray wall above your head though.

Rich

Thanks Richard.

The 1st shot was very deliberate with it's centering, to almost create a sense of tension between subject and photographer (no I am not suffering from MPD).

The 2nd was just me trying a different look with out knowing what I looked like in the VF. I like the symmetry of the divided wall. If I cropped down I think the 3 different thicknesses of wall and floor would be disruptive. But I see where you are coming from.

Keith I love those cufflinks! Very cool [Y] And those shoes...hehe...nice [A] I personally wouldn't wear the typically black shoes myself since it's not my thing..I don't know you that well, but I reckon the same counts for you.

And MNatt, didn't see you for some time around here. Love the shot. Very nice lighting. Good use of a Sigma lens [:P]

However I don't really like the lack of feet and the position of the left arm. It's exactly what I do myself and I don't like that [A]