Page 43 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Macro shots

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    This isn't exactly macro, since I don't own a true macro lens, but this is a close up of Sandhill Crane plumage using a 500mm lens.

Really beautiful, Joel!! I guess I never realized all the colors that were in their feathers!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Wisconsin is known for their brats but I can't ever say I've had a green chile one! I'm coming and I am bringing my mixed black pepper spice with me!!
    Bob has access to an awesome meat shop and he treated me to some green chile brats(among other local fare) .... they're great.

Remember I'm a Wisconsin native so I do know, like you do, what a good brat really is all about.

Trust me when I tell you that Bob has something special there.

Hey Bob, you ship me some green chile brats and I will ship you some kringle ...deal?

Denise what mm macro lens are you using? I just started viewing the macro thread and I do believe I am hooked.

Macro photography is alot of fun! I have two macro lenses ...the Canon 100mm 2.8 L IS Macro lens and the Sigma 70mm macro. I think most of my photos as of the last few months have been with the Sigma 70mm macro. If you are referring to any specific photo, most of mine are loaded through flickr & you can click on it to check the EXIF.

Denise

My garden is blooming!!

Spring has sprung in Wisconsin! by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

Hi Denise

Very nice shot, like the background, works well.
    In these type of pictures I often wonder how much DOF to use. Should I try and get all of the flower in focus or just a part. I don’t know which is better.

Tony
    Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss

Quote Originally Posted by Raid View Post
    Hi Denise

Very nice shot, like the background, works well.
    In these type of pictures I often wonder how much DOF to use. Should I try and get all of the flower in focus or just a part. I don’t know which is better.

Tony
    Thank you! I guess it is all personal preference. The background is old mulch in my garden so I did want to blur it out. With flowers, since they are soft and delicate I do prefer to have them slightly blurred also with not too much detail most of the time.

A couple of butterflies from an indoor garden:

Butterfly-9858 by westmichigan, on Flickr

Butterfly-9887 by westmichigan, on Flickr
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

I shot my cuff link last night. I was testing out the use of my Kenko 1.4x Teleconverter coupled with the Kenko extension tubes using my 70-200mm f/2.8L IS for macro work. It was a bit odd finding the right balance of zoom, focus, and subject distance ratio, but with a little work it was fine. The 1.4x tele didn't seem to affect image quality as much as I thought it might.

SSP Cuff Link [16x9] by budrowilson, on Flickr