Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Macro shots

Re: Post your best Macro shots

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
    I wouldn't call this one of my 'best' macro shots, but I found the subject interesting - seeing this little fungus (about 1 cm in diameter) immediately suggested a particular Florida landmark...

You're fooling us, it's just a worn-off golfball I can see that immediately []

Nah...wow those little things in nature are so beautiful, great shots guys!

By the way, nice job with the extension rings..

Denise, great work in PP with the flower. Like the contrast of it with the back ground.

John, that pollen (I assume) chunk is a great catch. I have never seen anything like that before.

These were all taken with 7D, 100mm macro, with 2 kenko 1.4tc stacked. Sharpened in PP and bump in a little contrast and slightly sharpened. Very happy with the results and didn't have to get ridiculously close. These are very slightly cropped.

Ok, so I am shooting my share of closeups. Hope you like. Canon 7d, 100mm macro (original) 2 kenko tc stacked, 430ex II.

Jeez, anyone else shooting macro these days. I'm getting lonely in here! Same specs as the above shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson
    I'm getting lonely in here!

Your bugs seem to like perching onEchinacea flowers. Here's one where the flower is the subject, instead...

EOS 7D, EF 100mm f/2.8<span style="color: red;"]L Macro IS USM, 1/40 s, f/8, ISO 100, handheld 430EX II via OC-E3

Lovely shot of a most interesting plant John. I actually planted a couple in the back yard and hopefully they start blooming soon. It seems to be the only flower, around the lake that we visit frequently, butterflies land on. I am trying to find another place as the boys are getting tired of the same walk.

Here are a couple from yesterday a little further down from the location. This guy has had a long tough live. He has faded much more than the others I have seen and actually missing parts of his wings. Posted the last picture to show that (it has a little camera shake).

Jeez, anyone else shooting macro these days. I'm getting lonely in here!

Jayson, where do you live? Every butterfly, beetle &amp; dragonfly you've posted look exactly like the ones I've taken over the last week ...except that your photos look better! Are yiou hanging out in my backyard when I'm not home?? [:O]

Here's a couple Jayson hasn't posted ...yet! []

Denise

Not doing any Macro yet, haven't got the lens or extension tubes---But I love looking at the work you folks are posting. I think I have decided that My next lens is the 100L macro and can't wait to get out and shoot the little things..
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    Are yiou hanging out in my backyard when I'm not home?? [img]/emoticons/emotion-3.gif[/img]

LOL...no not at all. I am from Nebraska. Sorry I keep stealing your thunder and I wouldn't say my photos look better than yours. As a matter of fact, the White butterfly pictures are great!!!!! I have never seen those before. Nice find. I took a break from the butterflies and happened to catch a fly. I was watching a spider have a snack and this guy landed next to the tunnel. Thought he was a goner too, but the spider was too occupied. I will post those pictures when I get them edited. I am starting to really like my new set up. 7D, 100mm macro (old version) 2 Kenko 1.4xTC stacked and 36mm Kenko extension tube.

LOL...no not at all. I am from Nebraska. Sorry I keep stealing your thunder

Thank you for your kindcomments andoh, I don't think you're stealing my thunder ...I very much enjoy looking at your photos! They are awesome! Here's a photo of your fly I took today ...looks like he lost some weight from the long flight! [:P]