Page 51 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 1010

Thread: Post your best Macro shots

  1. #501
    Senior Member Jayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    1,647
    Joel - Glad to see you on this topic and glad to see you like the new toy. Looking forward to more from the macro world. Next thing you know, you'll be purchasing tubes or a MP-E 65mm with some flashes.

    Franco - Lovely captures

    Pat - Great captures, but I really like the first one. The Yellow and the dark Purple compliment each other well. Your angle is great.

  2. #502
    Senior Member Jayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    1,647
    Here are a couple dandelions. Forgot the spray bottle for the added water effect, but only had a little time and it was windy. I have a couple more on my blog.






  3. #503
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    2,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    Joel - Glad to see you on this topic and glad to see you like the new toy. Looking forward to more from the macro world. Next thing you know, you'll be purchasing tubes or a MP-E 65mm with some flashes.
    Thanks Jayson,

    Actually I have 2 extension tubes already ... I looked at the Canon Macro Twin flash on-line but (wow it's expensive) that will have to wait awhile.

    I sold some old music gear and had some cash in PayPal that I used for the lens so I'll have to sell some more stuff on ebay to get the flash

  4. #504
    Senior Member Jayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    1,647
    Joel, I would try just making something yourself with your 580ex. It works as good if not better in some respects. I use a kenko tc with my 100mm macro all the time for added working distance and magnification and it helps tremendously. I am thinking of upgrading my 100mm to a sigma 150 os. Think that would be an awesome set up!.

    I tried the 180mm macro once and it was great for the working distance, the keeping it steady at high magnification was quite a challenge. Found myself on the ground using the human tripod (laying on ground holding camera with elbows resting on the ground) many times more than I would like to count. Gets some good looks from the passers-by. Have fun and enjoy your new toy!

  5. #505
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kenosha, WI
    Posts
    3,863
    Best macro shots I have seen of a dandelion yet, Jason ...very nice work!!

    I have been playing alot with textures lately. I still haven't gotten quite the look I am after yet on any of my shots but I'm learning and it is fun!


    Rose by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr


  6. #506
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    2,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    Joel, I would try just making something yourself with your 580ex. It works as good if not better in some respects. I use a kenko tc with my 100mm macro all the time for added working distance and magnification and it helps tremendously. I am thinking of upgrading my 100mm to a sigma 150 os. Think that would be an awesome set up!.

    I tried the 180mm macro once and it was great for the working distance, the keeping it steady at high magnification was quite a challenge. Found myself on the ground using the human tripod (laying on ground holding camera with elbows resting on the ground) many times more than I would like to count. Gets some good looks from the passers-by. Have fun and enjoy your new toy!
    I am doing just that....I have some wireless triggers and 2 extra 430 EXII speed lights for hummingbirds and I set up a little make shift studio this weekend. My son-in-law and I did some macro experimentation.

    This one is a white rose held underwater with 2 flashes, 1D MKIV, 180mm, f/22, ISO 1000, 1/160, tripod and cable release......


  7. #507
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    2,990
    Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Best macro shots I have seen of a dandelion yet, Jason ...very nice work!!

    I have been playing alot with textures lately. I still haven't gotten quite the look I am after yet on any of my shots but I'm learning and it is fun!


    Rose by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr
    That's neat! I have read about textures and seen some images on other forums, did you get yours from Shadow House Creations?

  8. #508
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kenosha, WI
    Posts
    3,863
    The one posted above was not done with his but with one from a photoediting program I have. This one below I did use two of Jerry's creations from Shadow House Creations ...


    IMG_7704 by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

  9. #509
    Senior Member bob williams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Central New Mexico
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    The one posted above was not done with his but with one from a photoediting program I have. This one below I did use two of Jerry's creations from Shadow House Creations ...

    IMG_7704 by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr
    Denise, I really like the artistry you have demonstrated in your recent work----Very Nice touch.

    Bob
    Bob

  10. #510
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kenosha, WI
    Posts
    3,863
    Thank you, Bob! I am always trying to learn new things and using the textures is my newest kick!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •