Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Critique for lake near Whistler

Alan

Re: Critique for lake near Whistler

Quote Originally Posted by crosbyharbison

Here's my attempt :P
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I like this a lot. In fact, it's great.

Okay, Daniel, with all these examples, what did you actually see when you took the shot? Was the water that blue? The sky? The trees...were they greenish or bluish? Did the mountains look greenish or bluish?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    Okay, Daniel, with all these examples, what did you actually see when you took the shot? Was the water that blue? The sky? The trees...were they greenish or bluish? Did the mountains look greenish or bluish?

What I actually saw (IIRC) was a bit bland. The water was a beautiful blue-green, but sky was dull blue. I don't remember the trees. I wasn't planning to shoot there at all in fact, I was on my way to photograph some mountain glaciers and a different lake at sunset.

Had a little more time to apply to this project so I thought I'd make a revision:

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.66/lakeview-web.jpg[/img]

Daniel, I am NOT a landscape photographer by any stretch, but find your image well done. My eye moves around the image which is something I look for in all art. I took the liberty of doing a few layers in Photoshop to enhance the image to my own taste.

1. Added a Multiply layer with a gradient mask
    2. Added a Soft Light layer with a gradient mask
    3. Ran a Curve layer

Thanks for the chance to view one of your pieces.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.27.68/IMG_5F00_8408-MK.jpg[/img]

Daniel, here is my interpretation of your photograph. Converted in DPP and adjusted in PS with some NIK filters. I really enjoyed editing your photo, thanx for the opportunity to edit your RAW file, it was fun!

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.03/DanielBrowning.jpg[/img]

These are all really great, everyone. I enjoy seeing the other takes on it a lot!

Here is my take on this image.

Before.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning

<div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

After.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.86/IMG_5F00_84081.JPG[/img]

How do you like it?

Cheers,

John.

degreened the lake to better show reflections, adjusted aquas/blues for sky, dropped yellows to cool the rock. may have went to far with yellow..that was fun. []

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.33.03/2009_2D00_09_2D00_15_2D00_8408_2D00_jbt.jpg[/img]