Thread: Best way to receive feedback?

Best way to receive feedback?

(1st off I just wanted to say what a great forum this is, I have read many of the threads and articles on here and gained a lot of knowledge).

It is on this topic that I post this thread, "feedback". I got my 1st DSLR last June after being inspired by the stunning results our wedding photographer produced (quick plug for him: Simon Carr who is based in Essex, UK. Anyone thinking of getting married should definitely check him out). So on returning from honeymoon I got my 1st Canon DSLR. Since then I have really enjoyed getting involved in photography using any opportunity to capture images. As it has been said on here the best advice I have read is to practice and that is so true. And having taken quite a few photos that I am relatively happy with (there is always room for improvement) it would be nice to get some feedback on them to see where I could improve, where I am going wrong and where I am going right.

I don't want to bombard the website with photos and so wondered what the best way to receive feedback would be? I have set up a flickr account and added a few on there and tried to tag and label them as much as possible but to date they haven't had many hits and thus limited feedback.

So do you suggest popping the odd photo on here or posting my flickr account details for people to hopefully guide me in the right direction with their feedback? (I don't as such have any 'photography friends' to look over and discuss photos with so I get the odd "Thats nice..." from the wife and thats it.)

Thanks for your time.

Regards

Adam

Re: Best way to receive feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by loobola

I don't want to bombard the website with photos and so wondered what the best way to receive feedback would be?

I suggest posting a link to the gallery of all the photos that you want feedback on.

Thanks Daniel. I didn't want to gratuitously advertise my own flickr page but thats probably the best place to see my photos. http://www.flickr.com/photos/loobola

Thanks for your time and I look forward to your constructive criticism, both positive and negative to help me improve my photography.

I only looked at the photos on the first page, but they were all great. Personally, I dislike strong local tone mapping, so I didn't like any of the HDR images, but that's OK.

Thanks Daniel, appreciate the feedback.