Thread: Any camera strap reco's

Any camera strap reco's

Hey fellow Canonites,

I just bought my second 7D as my wife wanted her own. I put a battery grip on mine and would like to use an alternative to the "stock strap" that can be hard on the neck when toting around an 85mm or a 70-200 etc..

I saw a guy with a strap that allows the camera and lense to face down by attaching at the tripod mount and it goes over the shoulder....but I wasn't sure where or what.

Any brand names or sourcing info would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great weekend!

Jeff

weclickyoupick.com

Re: Any camera strap reco's

Quote Originally Posted by weclickyoupick.com
    Any brand names or sourcing info would be greatly appreciated.

There's a huge variety. I don't know which ones are the best.
    • Tamrac
    • Op/Tech
    • UPstrap
    • Domke Gripper
    • PacSafe Carrysafe
    • Black Rapid R-strap
    • Action Camera Straps

Having lugged around my 1D Mark III with a 70-200 IS lens for days at a time, I vowed to NEVER use the stock strap. I have used both straps below and can recommend them without hesitation. Now with TWO Marks around my neck at one time, I'm looking for a new neck!

Optechhttp://optechusa.com/product/detail/?PRODUCT_ID=24&PRODUCT_SUB_ID=

Crumplerhttp://www.rei.com/product/794625

Quote Originally Posted by weclickyoupick.com
    I saw a guy with a strap that allows the camera and lense to face down by attaching at the tripod mount and it goes over the shoulder....but I wasn't sure where or what.
    I think that would be the Black-Rapid R-Strap. I use the Op/Tech reporter strap and I like it a lot, although I haven't yet tried it with two cameras. (It's designed to be able to hold two cameras at once.)

Got the Black Rapid 5 for Christmas. Love it---very comfortable, has pockets for batteries and cf cards. And I really like the way the camera lays. Here are some videos:

http://www.blackrapid.com/setup-and-tips/

Bob

Ask and you receive! You guys and this site are the best.

Thanx so much. I think I like the Black Rapid R strap for it's over the shoulder and holster feel to the camera.

Click on!!

Jeff

A bit late to the party on this one, but I've been using this Tamrac N-45 for several years on all of my cameras, and I like it quite a lot. I rarely carry my camera around my neck, though--usually on one shoulder or slung over my neck & shoulder. The suede section does a nice job of padding with a low profile and keeping things from sliding around too much. For landscape work on a tripod, being able to pop the strap off with the quick releases is extremely convenient. Although, having now seen that Crumpler strap...

Hi there,

Try a strap from blackrapid.com . I think this is what you mean. I'm very satisfied with it.

Regards,

Frans

I just got one of these a couple months ago, and I'm pretty happy with it.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=crumpler+industry+disgrace+strap&x=0& amp;y=0