Thread: Dog Pictures

Dog Pictures

Playing around with the dog in the backyard with my new Canon 70-200 f/2.8L. She's usually not very active, but she'd jump to catch a treat, given the opportunity...

Comments/critique welcome

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.36.66/IMG_5F00_4093.jpg[/img]

Canon 50D - EF 70-200mm f/2.8L @ 160mm 1/3200s f/4 ISO 200

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.36.66/IMG_5F00_4112.jpg[/img]

Canon 50D - EF 70-200mm f/2.8L @ 140mm 1/2500s f/4 ISO 200

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.36.66/IMG_5F00_4116.jpg[/img]

Canon 50D - EF 70-200mm f/2.8L @ 115mm 1/2000s f/4 ISO 200

Adjustments just include your basic leveling and low strength sharpening.

Obviously I could have dropped the ISO to 100, but I didn't realize I had left it set at 200 from earlier.

Re: Dog Pictures

Aren't dogs great? My animals are my children. My dogs don't like me pointing my camera at them even if its from a distance.

Great dog photos! The first one makes a great faux-kangaroo. []

I love the 2nd when she's in the air! Something I tried with a friend's dog is, throw a ball, lie in the grass, and shoot the dog running at you with the ball. Shoot at a high shutter speed (1/1600?). Just try not to get dog slobber on your lens [:P]

again, nice photos and nice dog!

brendan

Not only do I love photography but I am an over the top major dog lover and your photos and dog are AWESOME! I especially like the last one with catching the treat in the photo also. My 3 dogs aren't too thrilled about my photo taking anymore and the most I get of them outside is with their nose to the ground!

Fantastic shots!

Denise

Another amazing example of what that lens can do in the right hands. Wonderful pics Alex, all of them are a beauty & i liked the 3rd most as it captures the action in that moment.

Very nice dog and cool gear )

Thanks for the comments guys! I would have laid in the grass for the pictures but the snow had just melted and I didn't feel like getting all muddy [:P]This lens is great. I cant wait to give it a work out with spring sports this year (the main reason I bought it).