Thread: Watermarking Images?

Watermarking Images?

I know this is an easy question, but I would like to ask on how to watermark 100++ images automatically? I knew it could be done in CS4 one by one. Is there an easier way?

I have:

Digital Photo Professional

Adobe CS4

Adobe Lightroom

The reason I'm asking is that I don't PP most of my photos so I just use DPP for my RAW files.

Re: Watermarking Images?

Hi! I've watched the video, but my problem is that I want to watermark a copy of the image, not in slideshow view nor in print, but the actual image with the watermark. Else, manual watermarking would be my answer.

You can record an action and then set up a droplet or a batch job in CS4 to do this. However, you're limited in the placement of the watermark in that it will always appear in the same place in each image.

That may work. [] I'll just have to separate landscape photos from portrait when batch processing. Thanks!

I use the Mogrify plugin for Lightroom and it works well but for text only. You can find it at http://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lr2mogrify.php
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Lightroom 3 is greatly improving the watermarking. The beta is free to use.

However. lightroom does not change the original image, you really do not want it to, in case you change your mind, or something does not work the way you expected. If you are starting out with RAW, use something like lightroom. When you export your images to jpegs, they can be watermarked automatically, as many as you want.

If you are starting with jpeg, and just want to watermark the images, lightroom will do it, but so will $50.00watermark factory software.