Thread: Problem with the lens reviews....

Problem with the lens reviews....

Bryan,

I noticed a problem with your lens reviews...even when one of thereviews ends with a final comment similar to "The optical qualities leave room for improvement" your sample photos always look great!! []

You need to learn how to take less than perfect shots like the rest of us! [:P]

Thanks,

Mitch

Re: Problem with the lens reviews....

Quote Originally Posted by mitchel
    "The optical qualities leave room for improvement" your sample photos always look great!! [img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

Of course they do, he's a professional![H]

John.

I'd love to see 1 or 2 full sized images per lens, not just the web-sized samples. Any lens can look good at small sizes, and Bryan certainly helps them look as good as can be. The ISO chart crops help fill the "no full sized images" void, but it would be nice to have a few real world use, un-cropped, un-resized, shots. For older lenses, this isn't much of an issue, as there are flickr pools for every lens ever made. For newer lenses though, when there aren't flickr pools available, or if they're sparsely populated by 1 or 2 pros who don't upload full-sized images, a few samples would be nice.

Perhaps that can be a new feature (after the 1DmkIV review, after the new 70-200 review). Next your links to vignetting, and ISO crops, there could be a link to the flickr pool. It's certainly not hard to find the flickr pools for some of us, but other photographers aren't necessarily as web-aware as others. They might find it incredibly beneficial to have the link right there. I know you'd likely prefer to keep people at your site. You'd have to decide on the value added by having or not having the link.

And Bryan, the reviews ARE awesome. If all we can think to complain about is that your samples make every lens look great, we're definitely in the nit-picking stage.

On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston

And Bryan, the reviews ARE awesome. If all we can think to complain about is that your samples make every lens look great, we're definitely in the nit-picking stage.

My post was meant to be funny, please do not think I was "nit-picking". []

After all...I am waiting since last year for the Sigma 18-250 Review. HAHA!! [:P]

Thanks forthe suggestion - I always appreciate them. I'll keep your request in mind as I go forward.

Mitchel - I just rescheduled the Sigma review for 2011. [] JK - I'll try to get it done after the 1D IV review.

Thanks again!

Bryan

check out photozone.de for full size images on many canon and 3rd party lenses.