Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 18MP, 1080p HD Movies, ISO 6400: Canon redefines the boundaries of the consumer DSLR with the EOS 550D

Re: 18MP, 1080p HD Movies, ISO 6400: Canon redefines the boundaries of the consumer DSLR with the EOS 550D

not to complain but you think your 40D is ancient lol i have a rebel xt (in silver) hate it lol i would kill for a 40D.. hey even a 30D. haha

Re: 18MP, 1080p HD Movies, ISO 6400: Canon redefines the boundaries of the consumer DSLR with the EOS 550D

I know, I know. []

Just kidding.

It doesn't matter if its a DSLR, TV or razor blades. The companies are allvery strategic in releasign new technologyand trying to always keep up with latest and greatest is fun but expensive.

I have a T1i and it would be great to have a T2i but so far I have been extrememly happy with my T1i so until the days comes when it's not meeting my needs I think I'm going stoick with it.

(but it would be nice)

MattG

Quote Originally Posted by mpphoto12

not to complain but you think your 40D is ancient lol i have a rebel xt (in silver) hate it lol i would kill for a 40D.. hey even a 30D. haha
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Hehehe very true. I wouldn't suggest killing for a 40D. Maybe you'dkill for the Canon 1200mm... then when you get sent to jail you could use it as a bazooka and blow a hole in your cell wall to escape.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

haha yeah good plan ill go for it.. jk jk but its funny to see how many uses ppl on this forum find for the 1200mm lol gotta love that lens.. just the case prob costs more than all my gear together..

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning
    The only question is if they fixed the gain imbalance (softness) and FPN issues (noise at low ISO) of the 7D sensor (I bet they have).

Well according to DXOthe T2i actually has slightly better noise levels.

Here is the link, http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/eng/Image-Quality-Database/Compare-cameras/(appareil1)/338%7C0/(appareil2)/329%7C0/(appareil3)/305%7C0/(onglet)/0/(brand)/Canon/(brand2)/Canon/(brand3)/Canon.

John.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning
    I think it would be great. We should be able to select a crop region and/or digital zoom as metadata and/or raw. Portrait photographers would save time in post processing by selecting 8x10 and composing for it ahead of time.

That would have saved me a few stressful editing sessions this past senior portrait season as it was my first. Before every shoot I would repeat over and over to myself "frame loose frame loose". But then again, I guess it's just part of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Glass
    Well according to DXOthe T2i actually has slightly better noise levels.

That's promising, but DXO doesn't measure gain imbalance or Fixed Pattern Noise. If they did, they would have two dynamic range measurements:
    • Dynamic range: 11.7 stops (but you can't use it, because of the Fixed Pattern Noise).
    • Dynamic range you can actually use: much less than 11.7 stops