Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "TOO MUCH CAMERA" .... is there such a thing???

Re: "TOO MUCH CAMERA" .... is there such a thing???

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Ruyle

Too, much, camera.

Strange. I've seen each of those words before, but when you string them together like that I just can't think what it means [img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

It looks like English, but I am not grokking.

Re: "TOO MUCH CAMERA" .... is there such a thing???

For low light and subjects that are not moving fast, a 1 series body is a bit of overkill. You will have to use lenses nearly wide open, so a camera with good high ISO performance will help, as well as fast prime lenses. I always pick my 5D MK II over my 1D MK III for that type of photography.

I've found that where flash is not allowed, and there is some movement, a fairly fast shutter speed really helps to get sharp images. My 40D struggled to get good images in low light with F:/2.8 lenses.

When I replaced it with a 5D MK II, It was a big help, but I gave up on zooms and started using primes like the 50mm F:/1.4, 85mm F:/1.8, and 135mm F:/2 and even then, I just set ISO 3200 and 1/320 sec shutter speed, and let the camera set the aperture, and it is pretty wide as you would expect. I'm looking to get a fast 24mm lens next, and perhaps the 35 L as well. Inextreme low light, the 5D focuses very well, where the 1D MK III won't focus at all.

Outdoors or areaswith reasonably good light is a different story. There, the flexibility of a zoom is a big help, and where fast focusing is needed, the 1D shines.