Thread: C&C, once more...

C&C, once more...

Hi all,

I can basically say that I learned how to take photographs by using this forum. I started this January, actually, posting some of my photos for C&C. I slowly learned the complicated, technical and patient art of bird photography. EDIT: am still learning. I believe this is my fifth posting for this, hopefully some day I'll stop bothering everybody with this, but anywho...

Here are a couple more from my hydrangea setup, from today. Looking for some technical feedback, advice, and other C&C.

All taken with my trusty 7D and 300 f/4l IS USM.

f/5.6, 1/640, ISO 640. Manual Exposure, Handheld.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/840x1120/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.36.40/IMG_5F00_3756.jpg[/img]

f/8, 1/640, ISO 400. Manual Exposure, Handheld.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/840x1120/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.36.40/IMG_5F00_3733.jpg[/img]

thanks to everyone for viewing and commenting. It really does help [H]

brendan

Re: C&C, once more...

Love the backgrounds here. I think the first could use a little more DOF to get the head and tail feathers a little sharper. Looking at the histogram it could be a little bright also IMO only. They are great shots all the same.

Need to set something up in back yard besides just my feeders to give the little devils I have around here something elseto perch on. They get in the trees and become a pain in the behind to capture good pics of them.

Hah! I know that feeling very well. I had the same dilemna last month but came up with a pretty brilliant solution: I removed the perch on the feeder, forcing the birds to land somewhere else before and after grabbing a seed. Here's the difference:

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/400x300/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.36.40/IMG_5F00_0856.jpg[/img][img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/400x300/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.36.40/IMG_5F00_3709.jpg[/img]

Using setup 2: After grabbing a seed from the feeder most birds will land on my perches ~ hydrangea bushes. prettty simple.

fun stuff []

brendan

That sounds cool.